The Wave - Shockwave re-theme

Not looking good for The Wave today -
1714391882640.png

I feel like this will be the case for a few days.
Hopefully all can be resolved for the Bank Holiday event, otherwise that will not go down well (As its one of the marketed points for the event)

Being optimistic - hopefully it is just teething issues that can be easily fixed. it definitely looked to be some kind of sensor issue on Saturday as once they had “reset” something they were generally OK.

I feel bad for pulling my bar down now!

Being optimistic - hopefully it is just teething issues that can be easily fixed. it definitely looked to be some kind of sensor issue on Saturday as once they had “reset” something they were generally OK.

I feel bad for pulling my bar down now!
I was the last one to go on it, pulled my restraint down with some force and it’s been closed since.. I do feel a bit bad now :ROFLMAO: I still haven’t ridden it though so I ruined it for myself.

Jokes aside, if this does actually break the ride then they need some sort of signage or announcement to tell guests not to pull it themselves.

Having riders pull their own bar down is pretty normal and expected on most rides. Do they even come down themselves or were the ops pushing them down otherwise?

I was the last one to go on it, pulled my restraint down with some force and it’s been closed since.. I do feel a bit bad now :ROFLMAO: I still haven’t ridden it though so I ruined it for myself.

Jokes aside, if this does actually break the ride then they need some sort of signage or announcement to tell guests not to pull it themselves.

Signage and announcements won't do enough, you can't have a ride where the public can physically do what they do on any other coaster and expect every single one of them not to do it.

Hopefully its an easy fix. I wonder if similar trains have the same problems?

Having riders pull their own bar down is pretty normal and expected on most rides. Do they even come down themselves or were the ops pushing them down otherwise?
The ops were pushing them into position.

When I went on they did tell us to not touch the restraint and they would do it. But it is a natural expression, I almost had to physically stop myself. It is a reflex action.

Renamed the main ride discussion thread for Shockwave/The wave :) As a fyi (As this development is now complete -kind of.)

Back