The Wave - Shockwave re-theme

Wave incoming...
1f6a8.png

The UK's most thrilling family coaster, The Wave, opens on Friday 26th April at 12pm!
1f3c4.png

With a reduced height restriction of just 1.2m, a new train, and new effects, this exhilarating roller coaster is set to excite even the youngest of thrill seekers!
So, grab your friends and family, and make this week one to remember!
Don't miss out!
1f449.png
Book Now

I paid a visit after school yesterday and the testing was going on a pace. It honestly felt like I could have just walked up and asked for a ride so I'm not surprised its ready on Friday. May pop down and see if I can get on first!!

I'll be visiting Sunday if all goes well.
If they were opening before 12, I could have popped in on Friday. Unfortunately I have a meeting at 2.30 so can't do it.

The opening on a friday makes me think that that is intended to be a soft opening, to iron out any issues before the main rush on saturday. Hope the new ride loads a bit faster, does anyone know if it has 2 trains now, or is it still just the one?

The opening on a friday makes me think that that is intended to be a soft opening, to iron out any issues before the main rush on saturday. Hope the new ride loads a bit faster, does anyone know if it has 2 trains now, or is it still just the one?
As far as I know, still the one :(

Here are a few of the new information signs for The Wave

And yes, you can queue for the front row too

There are a few little peeps on the DT Insta/Facebook stories and a lot more on the Themeparkinsanity Facebook page to give you a little look at The Wave before the grand opening tomorrow

Hope you're excited to Brave The Wave
Honestly, think you'll love it.

Attachments

• PXL_20240425_173434816.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240425_173434816.MP.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20240425_173437192.jpg
    PXL_20240425_173437192.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20240425_173450183.jpg
    PXL_20240425_173450183.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
Here are a few of the new information signs for The Wave

And yes, you can queue for the front row too

There are a few little peeps on the DT Insta/Facebook stories and a lot more on the Themeparkinsanity Facebook page to give you a little look at The Wave before the grand opening tomorrow

Hope you're excited to Brave The Wave
Honestly, think you'll love it.
How was the ride better or worst than Stand up?

Impressions from the press event were very positive. There’s a few VLOG’s out already. Personal judgment reserved until I can get there but looks to be improved in every way

It looks to a very good experience . We are popping in just for a few hours in the morning just for this. I like that they’ve paid homage to shockwave especially with the yellow trains as that’s what I remember from when I was younger.

How was the ride better or worst than Stand up?
Better. In every way.
It's comfortable and surprisingly forceful (and yes. Those two somehow stay together throughout the experience. It works

I really enjoyed the experience and think it will surprise a lot of people

We did four runs on the ride in four different seats and absolutely loved every single one.

I know people havent been keen on the train design or the removal of stand up but don't knock it til you try it :)

My full thoughts are available in the latest TPI vlog below, Sam and Ciaran will experience it soon so will have their thoughts too!

Back