The Wave - Shockwave re-theme

Haha no , I’m not a fan but unfortunately my child is no matter how much I try and convince him to stop watching.
I have to admit I am a hypocrite and do watch TPW’s videos sometimes. Mainly just the Drayton Manor vlogs but also some other parks around the UK. Sorry, this has gone off-topic.

These patents from Intamin for a new sit-down pivoting seat train were registered about a year back - you know what I’m thinking…

IMG_9039.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9038.jpeg
    IMG_9038.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 62
If it’s for shockwave that would certainly make it interesting and with the shape almost resembling a surf board you can see it fitting the theme of the area.

It’s got to be a custom coaster just for Drayton as it’s got to be bend so it can go down that small incline from the straight section to the lift hill.
I know they only using the Viking parking area but has anyone who visited last week noticed if there’s scaffolding up around Shockwave for the repaint.

Adventure cove doesn’t open until April so there’s plenty of time yet. Yourll probably see it being worked on from February half term. With track already installed , it won’t take much to add the additions.

Adventure cove doesn’t open until April so there’s plenty of time yet. Yourll probably see it being worked on from February half term. With track already installed , it won’t take much to add the additions.
Yeah the train will just get lifted into place like a lego set :ROFLMAO: and I can't imagine the new additions will be too difficult to install.

I was expecting a re-paint but I’m doubting it at this point.

Very least it needs a fully refurbished queueline & station (the worst in the UK for a major coaster). New signage, dedicated screens & audio throughout, additional theming pieces, and a sexy painted track.

PS I think I’d actually like to see the Colossus retrack colour on Shockwave….

I can’t see it been done now and it could be a budget think and could be re-painted next closed season. If you remember the park’s main season starts in 8 weeks time and they still got to install and test the new train.
I’m surprised they not done any media coverage on this like they have with Terence.

Back