2024: General Discussion

I'm intrigued to what the future holds for accelerator and the flying dutchman. Flying dutchman is rumoured to be moving and replaced in its spot with a new ride. But Accelerator is going to look out of place unless it is incorporated into another area in the future. The new area looks as though it will include Drunken barrels, sheriff showdown, Haunting and Drayton Theatre in new guises. Looking forward to seeing changes and peoples thoughts on the changes taking place. Hopefully Flying Dutchman has a long term future as it has lots of memories for me personally.

I'm intrigued to what the future holds for accelerator and the flying dutchman. Flying dutchman is rumoured to be moving and replaced in its spot with a new ride. But Accelerator is going to look out of place unless it is incorporated into another area in the future. The new area looks as though it will include Drunken barrels, sheriff showdown, Haunting and Drayton Theatre in new guises. Looking forward to seeing changes and peoples thoughts on the changes taking place. Hopefully Flying Dutchman has a long term future as it has lots of memories for me personally.
Agreed - I do really enjoy Flying Dutchman. Personally I'd love to see it either move to Vikings (mini viking boats theme ) or Adventure Cove. They could make it fit in either of those I think (but would look strange next to Wave swinger... Then again, im sure there are two dumbo rides next to eachother at a disney park...)

Accelerator is a questionable one yes... It will become one of a small selection of rides "outside" of a themed area in its current state :( Can't imagine it working with a theme to the new area either...

Agreed - I do really enjoy Flying Dutchman. Personally I'd love to see it either move to Vikings (mini viking boats theme ) or Adventure Cove. They could make it fit in either of those I think (but would look strange next to Wave swinger... Then again, im sure there are two dumbo rides next to eachother at a disney park...)

Accelerator is a questionable one yes... It will become one of a small selection of rides "outside" of a themed area in its current state :( Can't imagine it working with a theme to the new area either...
There was an interview with Victoria and Theme Park Worldwide, where it was suggested that long term they may look at the area where fun foods is and incoprorate accelerator into that. I could see five themed areas (Adventure Cove, vikings, western, pirate area plus new area around fun foods) plus obviously Thomasland as 6th area. This would be a long time in the future.

Flying dutchman would be perfect in the vikings as it wouldn't be too hard to theme it to viking theme.

Drayton are either trolling everyone or is this the sign of a working relationship yet to come to park ?

Attachments

• 63382158-995A-44DD-B526-706E3C83A2A6.png
    63382158-995A-44DD-B526-706E3C83A2A6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
Drayton are either trolling everyone or is this the sign of a working relationship yet to come to park ?
I wonder if in the next 5 years they know that Shockwave will need a track replacement and that boring straight section they could add something.
Or the powered coaster replacement as that will be 40 years old in 2027.

IMG_2954.png

Vikings logo looks a lot like Flying Dutchman..
Could just be a generic design but why not a shield ? Or Viking helmet?

View attachment 5434
Vikings logo looks a lot like Flying Dutchman..
Could just be a generic design but why not a shield ? Or Viking helmet?
A helmet would have been my personal choice... That logo doesn't really scream vikings
Then again, Adventure cove is also a bit generic... (A sail / sun / surfboard or something like a crab or even starfish may have been more...adventure-cove?)

I think those are just general-designs

Nice pics of the lake drained
Folks here seem to be much more up to speed about the linkages between park sections than me, but I noticed with the lake draining that also from the waterfall by the bridge in the zoo (between the pheasants and education building) was also free of water - is this all part of the same feed? I peered over the other side to see if I could see the fish which are normally visible but the water was much more "silty" than when flowing through so nothing was visible.

Folks here seem to be much more up to speed about the linkages between park sections than me, but I noticed with the lake draining that also from the waterfall by the bridge in the zoo (between the pheasants and education building) was also free of water - is this all part of the same feed? I peered over the other side to see if I could see the fish which are normally visible but the water was much more "silty" than when flowing through so nothing was visible.
Not sure about this specific area but Google Maps says the zoo waterfall is called Bourne Brook. It connects to the Excalibur lake, which connects into the main lake, which I think also connects to the one in the photo? It probably is the same but don't quote me on that.

Not sure about this specific area but Google Maps says the zoo waterfall is called Bourne Brook. It connects to the Excalibur lake, which connects into the main lake, which I think also connects to the one in the photo? It probably is the same but don't quote me on that.
Screenshot_20240128_151846_WhatsApp.jpg

Here's the lake from the zoo to the main park starts at tidmouth halt going into where the capybaras are and goes under the zoo bridge into Excaliburs lake then into the main lake which also branches off into the middle of palpero express' line and that's where it ends.

All the watercourses in the park are actually aritificial and built by the peel family, they are tapped from a nearby river, adn the whole system can be drained if needs be. I beleive excaliburs lake was designed to be shaped like South Africa! Oh to be rich....

Back