Splash Canyon

20/06/19

DSC_0494.JPG

As I was going up Shockwave lift hill it’s the 1st time I seen the ride since it closed and it looks in a bad way. I think even if they can reopen it after the court case the park haven’t the funds to modify all the boats like Merlin have in there parks and bring the ride back up to its former glory. I wonder also if Stormforce 10 will need seat belts fitted as I still notice people standing up on there also after the 2nd drop.

As I was going up Shockwave lift hill it’s the 1st time I seen the ride since it closed and it looks in a bad way. I think even if they can reopen it after the court case the park haven’t the funds to modify all the boats like Merlin have in there parks and bring the ride back up to its former glory. I wonder also if Stormforce 10 will need seat belts fitted as I still notice people standing up on there also after the 2nd drop.
It wasn’t great last time I saw it from shockwave so I hate to think what it’s like now. There was a lot of vegetation in the trough when I last saw it. The only positive thing is they appear to be keeping the boats in water at the back of Excalibur.

I really hope it reopens but I’m not optimistic. It is/was a fantastic ride. Especially with all the effects working.

I believe the trial / inquest starts tomorrow. I know Drayton are expecting a fine but hope it is not too dragged out so all parties involved (including the family) can move on and have closure from the tragic accident.

1)I think taking 11 mins from the moment she fell in to founding her.
2)Not shutting the pumps and ride down as soon as there was a report of someone in the water.
3) Not enough CCTV cameras around the ride and not noticing the girls messing around all away around the course.
4) Failing to do nothing when other boats during the day people were out of there seat.
5) No water safety equipment around the ride and no water safety training gonna to staff only after the accident.

That’s all so far has come out after 3 days.

Also, the coronor report on day one states that she died trough drowning and probably would have survived her injuries. In other words, if Drayton had noticed / got to her sooner / had rescue equipment she would have survived.

Yes, this trial is to establish facts so the school is also on trial... But they will simply say that they followed Park rules and having assessed the risk (she went in a boat with a teacher in the morning) felt she was safe to be in a boat without an adult in the PM.

It's a sad case to hear now the facts are coming out. You can now see why other parks have made changes and are more strict on this type of ride. Sadly alot of lessons have been learnt to late. Hopefully drayton manor can live and learn from this and move on the be the best family park in the country again.

It's a sad case to hear now the facts are coming out. You can now see why other parks have made changes and are more strict on this type of ride. Sadly alot of lessons have been learnt to late. Hopefully drayton manor can live and learn from this and move on the be the best family park in the country again.
Yes you can see why the other parks had this reaction. I wonder if more detail was shared with operators of similar rides in order to mittegate the risk and allow them to keep operating. They have stated the ride won’t reopen in its current form and not until the hse are happy. What does everyone think the changes will involve?

I think every boat will have to have doors put on.
Better CCTV training
Put water Safety stuff all around the ride.
Regular change staff so they are 100% focus.

Basicly everything merlin have done with there versions. With added cctv training and more cameras.
Amazes me how there was no life saving rings around the water at least!
Just hope drayton has enough money to save the ride and hopefully Do a nice new re-theme and spruce up, as it does look in a poor state.

Basicly everything merlin have done with there versions. With added cctv training and more cameras.
Amazes me how there was no life saving rings around the water at least!
Just hope drayton has enough money to save the ride and hopefully Do a nice new re-theme and spruce up, as it does look in a poor state.
It’s got to be cheaper than a new ride though! And considering how many have gone or are sbno it needs to come back.

Well the boats have been kept In the water so they should be fine to be just refitted. The ride been drained and the pumps removed and stored so really just wood replacement and painting needed.

Following the conclusion of the Inquest into 11 year old Evha Jannath’s death, the HSE have confirmed they will be prosecuting Drayton Manor Theme Park for alleged breaches of Section 3 of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act. The Inquest concluded the death was accidental however the Coroner has written to all theme parks with similar rides to warn them about the issues raised such as inconsistency in the monitoring of CCTV and staff training.

Back