Splash Canyon

What Ciaran said sounds like a good idea removing people from the park if the don't follow the possible Splash Canyon rules. I'm wondering if it does come back then it might possibly be under a different name just like Hydro to Drenched at Oakwood?
I do think the splash canyon name might be a little tarnished now.

i think removing them from the park is the only real deterrent, if people see that you get kicked out they would soon stop as not to lose the money they spent on ticket.

I think they should kick people out for queue jumping too as I see this way too often.

It all depends if Drayton think a ride which is nearly 30 years old is worth spending the money on. I think a splash battle ride would work better for the park.
I imagine it would be cheaper to retrofit splash canyon with whatever modifications are required.

The other thing with splash canyon was it had good throughput which not many rides at Drayton do.

Splash in 1999

Photo by BEAR (BEst Amusement Rides) GmbH during the Stormforce 10 construction

IMG0077.jpg

It was should a poor choice to paint Splash Canyon building Orange and then Shockwave Blue with a darker Blue for the inside. Except the tea cups all attractions in action park looked like they fitted the area perfectly then G force came then they went crazy with the paint.

G-Force never fitted in with the action park colours and once they'd got it in, they just decided to have a rainbow action park rather than a good themed paint job action park which was sad, but maybe now that G-Force is gone, we might see this new ride fit in with the Action Park properly so it can return to its former glory in terms of paint with Splash Canyon hopefully getting a refurb (and probably a rename like Hydro did) and then it will be a good area!!!

It was the best area of the park from rides and theming and now it’s got to be the worst in everything.
That's what happens with lack of investment and TLC. G-Force is gone, Splash is closed, Stormforce 10 is a money draining machine, Shockwave is on it's last legs, and Air race is the only thing keeping the area running. I can't see any areas being highly renovated and looked after for budgeting reasons.

That's what happens with lack of investment and TLC. G-Force is gone, Splash is closed, Stormforce 10 is a money draining machine, Shockwave is on it's last legs, and Air race is the only thing keeping the area running. I can't see any areas being highly renovated and looked after for budgeting reasons.
Is Maelstrom part of the area as well because I find that operates well!!! Air Race is popular and good, Stormforce 10 well most people only do it on a boiling day ( though I do it whatever the weather) and they really need a good replacement to G-Force and the Chairlift!!

Back