Sheriff's Showdown

It’s the obvious choice for the top end of the park. It will be nice to have consultancy to a theme and have a reason to visit the top end of the park. I’m looking forward to seeing the overall area next year.
I was talking to the worker on sheriff showdown on Sunday and I asked if the ride or building was getting changed during the re-theme and he confirmed to me the new area will be Western themed and the inside will stay the same with minimum work done to the outside.

Interestingly - we did this Sunday and it was working like a dream.
The ride op said all the sensors had been replaced the previous evening.

When we went last week the scores in the cars weren't working but they were registered - so you saw your score when you came out. And the "you got a bonus" wasn't sounded.

Even Sheriff showdown been repainted
CCBCC062-8A13-4459-AB57-A7DFD9692F6F.jpeg
F3C739DF-4493-4C3A-90E6-7F14D218E8E9.jpeg
433744C9-649B-4EDF-8BFE-953BFD9C78FF.jpeg

It's a little surprising that they've (seemingly) moved from the easy retheme of a saloon / speakeasy to something more mining focussed. Maybe it provides a hint towards the new coaster?
I think it definitely provides a hint towards the new coaster given the fact Drayton now like to have things in themed areas.

I really like the look of it!! Looks a lot more colourful and appealing to look at. Looks like they finally painted the beams to look like Wood instead of red!!!

looks a lot like its original golden nugget colour scheme big fan, hope with these upgrades it gets a new custom soundtrack as well as drunken barrels
I'd love to see Sheriffs Showdown get some custom made music. The current music doesn't resonate well with the ride, with it being stock music and all, and it sounds like you're attending a funeral haha ACMP. I'd love to see more fast paced music in it, to get that adrenaline going whilst riding it. It is a Shoot Em Up after all.

Last edited:
I would love to see Sheriff's get some TLC and love inside the building too for 2024
If the outside is being refreshed for the new coaster, it would be really nice to see the ride become a bit more reliable too.

Back