The Haunting

I've not seen anything new today. May you please point out what's new?
Maybe they arnt new and the effects just never was on during our past rides but we’ve never noticed the big burst of smoke shooting down after the skeleton drop. However I do feel like a warning needs to be added to the restrictions for Asthmatics as the heavy use of smoke set of my Asthma today.

Maybe they arnt new and the effects just never was on during our past rides but we’ve never noticed the big burst of smoke shooting down after the skeleton drop. However I do feel like a warning needs to be added to the restrictions for Asthmatics as the heavy use of smoke set of my Asthma today.
It could be that the smoke machine was Empty and staff/maintenance wasn’t informed it needed topping up.

Just found out that The Haunting has a sister ride, Verlies des Grauens at Belantis! Theming was also done by Space Leisure, the madhouse section holds many similarities to The Hauntings as well, specifically the Gargoyles, which seem to use the same mould!

verlies_grauen01.jpg

Apologies for the double post, but after trying the link Themeparksandy1981 sent here for the Hauntings original 1996 audio, it seems like it no longer works and keeps redirecting me. So, I went looking online, and I found a snippet in an old Vlog back in 2006. It's around 3:02, but you'll be able to hear the organ in the distance.

thought i would put this in as i found this quite interesting the screen that was off in the preshow for years was on around two weeks ago thought it was very random that they've decided to put it back on now.
View attachment 4326

Yeah, it's been off for probably a good few years now (probably since the refurb). Good to see that some of the IMR lives on in this version of the Haunting. It's probably one of the few if not the only effect in the ride still in its original 1996 programing.

Last edited:
Yeah having the red sirens going off really brings the good old days of the haunting.
Its good that they're back on, hopefully there won't be as many cases of people smoking in the preshow now. Funny, I always hear people nowadays say that this version of the Haunting is the best it's ever been, even though it uses a lot of stock music and sound effects, that and the bad use of LED UVs, and the corny first preshow. Most of the praise comes from the 2nd Preshow, which I do agree is fantastic.

How would you all rank the versions of the Haunting you've experienced, from the original 1996 form, to the 2004 vampire retheme, and to the current RIPA one? I can't say much since I've only experienced the Latest version, but I must say, the original 1996 one looked great! I'm very curious if all the praise of the current day Haunting is present simply because the people that are praising it never experienced it back in 1996 aside from a few.

I feel it is a little like Derren Brown's ghost train at thorpe park was. Brimming with potential, ut let down by some cheap cost cuts. It also seems to me to be trying to tell all 3 stories at once. It really needs clearing all out and retheming to something cohesiv, like what they have done with Ghost Train at thorpe. I would absolutely keep the layout and the moving floor as well as the madhouse. And it could really do with being made self guided after the trailer, and then an op in the library, similar to HEX to give it some semblance of capacity.

I feel it is a little like Derren Brown's ghost train at thorpe park was. Brimming with potential, ut let down by some cheap cost cuts. It also seems to me to be trying to tell all 3 stories at once. It really needs clearing all out and retheming to something cohesiv, like what they have done with Ghost Train at thorpe. I would absolutely keep the layout and the moving floor as well as the madhouse. And it could really do with being made self guided after the trailer, and then an op in the library, similar to HEX to give it some semblance of capacity.
I do agree it feels like a few stories are being told. I dont think the rooms fit together too well. (My personal complaint is the fact the basement and library are really well themed and a bit dark but then the main chapel is.....UV blacklight??? It seems so random)

I also think they need a countdown timer on the queueline. Saying it's a 15 minute cycle is great. But maybe a timer like the time tower at Warwick castle to actually show the guests how far into that 15 minute cycle it is...? Many a time I've gotten there and waited a while and overheard people wondering how long was left.

Can’t believe someone yesterday put a stick under the trap door and it broke.
View attachment 4429
Also they threw the shoes. If I would have seen them do it myself I would have reported them to security or staff.
Its a shame as some people dont have respect for anything any more i remember when the rapids re opened after it was all done up and painted nicely and people were carving their names and graffitiing on to the walls that had just been painted but it seems to be common now that people hop the fence in the haunting queue to at least just see what's in the trapdoor and if not just to do that they will also damage something

Unfortunately some people dont have respect for anything anymore

It's such a shame how the Haunting looks this year by all this, children breaking things in the garden to vines clinging on the Facade, and the lorry looking the worst it's ever been with all the greenery clinging onto it! We can only hope they give it some good old TLC for next year when the new ride opens :(

They really need to have a holding area when it’s busy and let guests know if your not in this area you be waiting 30+ mins as some guests on Saturday were so pissed off when they had waited 30 mins and still wasn’t on the ride so left the queue.

They really need to have a holding area when it’s busy and let guests know if your not in this area you be waiting 30+ mins as some guests on Saturday were so pissed off when they had waited 30 mins and still wasn’t on the ride so left the queue.
I still think a countdown timer like "next investigation in approximately" with a countdown under it may be the best way to resolve this one.

It may not be 100% spot on of course but it would give a rough idea competed to the random guessing that has to be done.

I believe the waiting times haven’t been correct for a long time. Though from what it appears , the staff for the haunting is a skeleton crew compared to many years ago. When I was little , you used to have two groups going through.

Back