The Haunting

Got told on the attraction source event bts that the vampire had been stolen in one of the prior refurbishments so that would be impossible, I do think the old video will be played in the trailer though.
To go with a new pre show video. I hope they have a new projector video in the library room and don’t turn on the light above u so we won’t see their lifeless bodies of the original team and have actors as zombies dressed in the team uniforms. Then have a jump scare with actors coming into the mad house and we have to escape.

haunted manor is the name of the event, that photo looks like it has something to do with the castle of shadows as the name CastleVille / what Excalibur was based around.

so really if it’s by the entrance it’s got to be a 60 to 90 min queue?
Way past the entrance, not far from accelerator. The queues have been horrendous this evening. We missed the castle because the queue was over an hour and we had a haunted train booking which was over an hour past our time slot.

Has everything been done to the original? chapel audio and library sequence?
They have a nice twist on the pre show (I thought I was going to be disappointed when it started but I won’t spoil it)

Corridor is original audio and library now lights up the fake ghost busters more. The lady in the picture is still there and her narrative doesn’t quite fit the story but is still good.

There is some additional Audio in the library that is original and the chapel is back to the original too.

Another nice touch is there are institute for metaphysical research logos scattered about.

It was definitely worth doing and we thankfully only queued about 25 mins at around 2pm.

I really hope they keep it in its new form, it was pure nostalgia for me.

Just got back from Drayton Manor today, didn't do the scare areas apart from the Haunting.

Shockwave broke down and didn't reopen, which was a bit of a shame, weather stared of alright, but was horrendous at the last few hours, drenching it, but thankfully today there was a saving grace, The Haunting!!! Incoming review! Incoming spoilers!

The Outdoor area:

There's new signage for the event while coexisting with the original signs! Off to a good start already :)
20231027_172911.jpg

20231027_172919.jpg

They've added a smoke machine in the R.I.P.A Hut. Looks great! Today also marks the surprising but welcoming return of the original 1996 Organ music that used to play outside!! It sets a great mood before getting collected by the attendant! Great way to hype you up!

The Preshow:

At first, I was quite disappointed seeing all the R.I.P.A Signage on the walls, screens, and Audio still playing, practically nothing changed, but when the show began I was not expecting what they did! It starts with Doctor Ghostman about to introduce itself, but static and interference stops the footage. Seconds later, The Institute of Metaphysical Research logo replaces Doctor Ghostman! This also marks the return of the one and only, Doctor X!! They've brought back the original preshow! After the original preshow ends, you can hear the OG Standard interface audio and a snippet of the original Vicars voice!! What an improvement over Doctor Ghostman!!

The Cellar:

No much has changed for the cellar apart from the audio. They brought back the original music for that as well. The lights unfortunately don't flicker :/. Doctor Ghostman's voice is no longer present, and the original screaming effect is also back! Still a good improvement!

The Library:

At first, everything was pretty much the same, until I noticed the absence of that bright light that used to resude near the chair, and the IMR Logo on one of the boxes! The show starts, no annoying light ruining ye scene anymore and instead goes dead silent! The Lady of the House still resides there and its pretty much the same. The show ends, but one of the lights in the ceiling beams down on the box with the IMR logo, and the Vicars voice comes back, along with the original Library music, telling guests they can not turn back and must go on, before giving out a sinister cackle! A neat change, plus, no Doctor Ghostman either! Looking great so far!

Lastl but not least, the Chapel:

At first, it was just like it's same old self with same standard audio, but when the lights flicker out, the original Chapel chanting and Chior starts playing before the room is illuminated with the UV lights! The Vicars voice returns telling is there is no escape before cackling once again! The chair continues and the vicar laughs a couple of more times, synced the the projection of the ghost on the walls.

The IMR warns us that they're trying to get us out and warn us to prepare for a Plasma Wave sequence! Before that though... The coffin opens... and Agatha finally pops out at the quickest I've ever seen! After nearly a year? They've fixed it!! The plasma wave begins, and the Vicar gives out a shriek while the strobes are going off. The lights go out, and the IMR tells us to leave and thanks us for helping! It's all original audio too I think!! The lights return on, and the exit now plays the Outdoor organ music with the Vicar laughing in the background!!

All in all, a fantastic improvement to what was there a mere couple of weeks back!! Still not perfect, but that's the best experience on The Hainting I've ever had. They even put some IMR logos in the old gift shop, which was a nice touch. I could tell people really loved it when they were leaving!

I hear that the other mazes had very mixed reviews though, but The Hauntings had mostly extremely good reviews most people in my group! Well done Drayton Manor, you've given this classic exactly what it deserves!!! Now, let's hope these changed are permanent!

Just got back from Drayton Manor today, didn't do the scare areas apart from the Haunting.

Shockwave broke down and didn't reopen, which was a bit of a shame, weather stared of alright, but was horrendous at the last few hours, drenching it, but thankfully today there was a saving grace, The Haunting!!! Incoming review! Incoming spoilers!

The Outdoor area:

There's new signage for the event while coexisting with the original signs! Off to a good start already :)
View attachment 4906

View attachment 4907

They've added a smoke machine in the R.I.P.A Hut. Looks great! Today also marks the surprising but welcoming return of the original 1996 Organ music that used to play outside!! It sets a great mood before getting collected by the attendant! Great way to hype you up!

The Preshow:

At first, I was quite disappointed seeing all the R.I.P.A Signage on the walls, screens, and Audio still playing, practically nothing changed, but when the show began I was not expecting what they did! It starts with Doctor Ghostman about to introduce itself, but static and interference stops the footage. Seconds later, The Institute of Metaphysical Research logo replaces Doctor Ghostman! This also marks the return of the one and only, Doctor X!! They've brought back the original preshow! After the original preshow ends, you can hear the OG Standard interface audio and a snippet of the original Vicars voice!! What an improvement over Doctor Ghostman!!

The Cellar:

No much has changed for the cellar apart from the audio. They brought back the original music for that as well. The lights unfortunately don't flicker :/. Doctor Ghostman's voice is no longer present, and the original screaming effect is also back! Still a good improvement!

The Library:

At first, everything was pretty much the same, until I noticed the absence of that bright light that used to resude near the chair, and the IMR Logo on one of the boxes! The show starts, no annoying light ruining ye scene anymore and instead goes dead silent! The Lady of the House still resides there and its pretty much the same. The show ends, but one of the lights in the ceiling beams down on the box with the IMR logo, and the Vicars voice comes back, along with the original Library music, telling guests they can not turn back and must go on, before giving out a sinister cackle! A neat change, plus, no Doctor Ghostman either! Looking great so far!

Lastl but not least, the Chapel:

At first, it was just like it's same old self with same standard audio, but when the lights flicker out, the original Chapel chanting and Chior starts playing before the room is illuminated with the UV lights! The Vicars voice returns telling is there is no escape before cackling once again! The chair continues and the vicar laughs a couple of more times, synced the the projection of the ghost on the walls.

The IMR warns us that they're trying to get us out and warn us to prepare for a Plasma Wave sequence! Before that though... The coffin opens... and Agatha finally pops out at the quickest I've ever seen! After nearly a year? They've fixed it!! The plasma wave begins, and the Vicar gives out a shriek while the strobes are going off. The lights go out, and the IMR tells us to leave and thanks us for helping! It's all original audio too I think!! The lights return on, and the exit now plays the Outdoor organ music with the Vicar laughing in the background!!

All in all, a fantastic improvement to what was there a mere couple of weeks back!! Still not perfect, but that's the best experience on The Hainting I've ever had. They even put some IMR logos in the old gift shop, which was a nice touch. I could tell people really loved it when they were leaving!

I hear that the other mazes had very mixed reviews though, but The Hauntings had mostly extremely good reviews most people in my group! Well done Drayton Manor, you've given this classic exactly what it deserves!!! Now, let's hope these changed are permanent!

Great report. Those signs over the Haunting are simple but a nice touch and could attract guests that didn't know this part of the event was there.

Back