The Haunting

Before
7213A7AC-6C4E-4C88-9E8C-09C0E46D08C0.png

Now
B0E700EB-88B4-4978-B750-3D78BC9C9EFA.png

The gates have been removed and also the haunting metal sign above.
Staff have informed me this is be the haunting entrance now.
23F225CE-3CFF-4E02-A32F-64BB8EC67787.png

Which will help with the Western theming not clashing with the Haunting.

Bit of a daft move if you ask me. It was already hard enough for most people to find it, and now with the gates and archway gone, it'll practically be invisible to most of the public. It would be better if they simply rebuilt the archway and gate but just slightly tweaked them to fit in with the new area while still being themed to The Haunting.

Think having this coaster in the area will really get the guests to the top of the park.
Yes, it will be interesting to see how the "heat map" of the park changes this year. Prior to the looping investment if it was a busy day we'd pay a trip to the top of the park as it would be a swift queue for the barrells and showdown. We've never made it past the front couple of rooms on the haunting!!

They done nothing to the ride
8B49E762-2E8E-402F-AF10-59FD7345E629.jpeg

Queue line the smoke machine was there but wasn’t working, also the cellar door and the crow wasn’t neither.
In the corridor it was so full of smoke you couldn’t see anything.
The next room the light that lights up the ceiling to reveal the missing team wasn’t working and neither was the projector of the spirit who goes across the ceiling.
The man house the audio was hit and miss and 1 of the skeleton projectors didn’t work.
Also the trailer needs work as it’s rushing away
A6C29E22-1D58-4B34-83A0-B21A1173C69B.jpeg

They done nothing to the ride View attachment 5847
Queue line the smoke machine was there but wasn’t working, also the cellar door and the crow wasn’t neither.
In the corridor it was so full of smoke you couldn’t see anything.
The next room the light that lights up the ceiling to reveal the missing team wasn’t working and neither was the projector of the spirit who goes across the ceiling.
The man house the audio was hit and miss and 1 of the skeleton projectors didn’t work.
Also the trailer needs work as it’s rushing away
View attachment 5848
Looks great, love the new entrance look

Sounds like my run was a bit different to yours today Andy.

When we were there:
- Crow was moving
- Ceiling did light up to reveal the missing crew

We didn't have;
- Ghost projection in the library
- One projection in the chapel
- Smoke in shed
- Cellar door

Im glad they've kept it as Reclaimed.
If they do make any changes, I hope it's a restoration to the areas that need it... Or if they want a retheme, it will need an investment and to be a well thought out retheme.

We was pleasantly surprised when doctor x came onto the screen. I was dreading going on to see if it had been reverted back due to it no longer being the haunting reclaimed event so we was pleased when we saw our favourite dr ghost man. I think the exit of the ride really needs addressing. It used to be awesome when you exited through the haunted themed gift shop but now it’s just an empty room that’s been abandoned quite literally. Hopefully this will be addressed especially with the frontage of the building having recently changed.

We was pleasantly surprised when doctor x came onto the screen. I was dreading going on to see if it had been reverted back due to it no longer being the haunting reclaimed event so we was pleased when we saw our favourite dr ghost man. I think the exit of the ride really needs addressing. It used to be awesome when you exited through the haunted themed gift shop but now it’s just an empty room that’s been abandoned quite literally. Hopefully this will be addressed especially with the frontage of the building having recently changed.
I think the exit will be sorted when they've got the full area open - the second half of the building has all the paint and stuff for the area. Hoping for a saloon / bar but that's a whole other thread.

Dr X is is here to stay by the looks which I'm glad about.

I would love to buy that signage but I guess it’s already been gifted to Shawn for his theme park museum.
I think we see an overall refurbishment of the building and maybe the story line for 2026 for its 30th anniversary.

Back