The Haunting

Is the doctor X part the same as it was originally pre 2016? As i remember it quite well
It was a new edited video with some of the original with the start of the dr ghost man. I won’t say anymore so won’t ruin it for people who visiting today and tomorrow and I hope it stays in place to the end of the season.

Reactions: Dan
fantastic news i can get some rides in on sunday as well as shockwave!, will be interesting next year if they take some feedback on the old things they have brought back and implement them onto the ghostman version (if it returns)

Managed to walk on the haunting again today. It’s so much better with Dr X back. I really hope they keep it this way.

On a sad note some low life has already vandalised the IMR logo on the door. I really wish the park would get to grips with vandalism as it really lets the place down.

IMG_1504.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

Following on from a post we just put out on the social media threads (Shameless instagram & facebook push there!)

We noticed that The Haunting has been removed from the park's website.
Could this be due to the ongoing construction work around the area with the new coaster? Or could it be something more?

We know that Sheriffs Showdown & Drunken Barrels are going to fit into the new area with the coaster which explains their removal - but The Haunting has us curious.

Was The Haunting Reclaimed a sign of things to come? Or a last hurrah?

What do you think?

Personally, I'd like it to stay as it is :)

Following on from a post we just put out on the social media threads (Shameless instagram & facebook push there!)

We noticed that The Haunting has been removed from the park's website.
Could this be due to the ongoing construction work around the area with the new coaster? Or could it be something more?

We know that Sheriffs Showdown & Drunken Barrels are going to fit into the new area with the coaster which explains their removal - but The Haunting has us curious.

Was The Haunting Reclaimed a sign of things to come? Or a last hurrah?

What do you think?

Personally, I'd like it to stay as it is :)
I think, that the current theme will be difficult retheming into a new area and given that the three rides there, plus the 4D cinema / Drayton theatre has been removed, it looks like changes are ahead. It looks as though all those rides bar flying dutchman and accelerator are changing. Hopefully it won't change too much, but it will struggle to fit into wild west/mine theme as it stands, but who knows. It clearly has a future in the park, so will be interested to see what the future holds.

I think, that the current theme will be difficult retheming into a new area and given that the three rides there, plus the 4D cinema / Drayton theatre has been removed, it looks like changes are ahead. It looks as though all those rides bar flying dutchman and accelerator are changing. Hopefully it won't change too much, but it will struggle to fit into wild west/mine theme as it stands, but who knows. It clearly has a future in the park, so will be interested to see what the future holds.
I'd be interested in seeing how they work a retheme onto it.

Wildwest style church house maybe? I'm sure theres a few westerns with those.
Barn with animals and stuff maybe? (Im just imagining feathers everywhere)
Gold mine with a spinning mine full of sparkling goods & a mine cart centrepiece?

I can't see it going, that's for sure. I also don't see a major overhaul coming as that would cost a lot & with a new coaster, area & shockwave reimagining, I doubt they have the budget for a retheme too! I think I slight tweak to the story line will work, even if it's just for a couple of seasons

I can't see it going, that's for sure. I also don't see a major overhaul coming as that would cost a lot & with a new coaster, area & shockwave reimagining, I doubt they have the budget for a retheme too! I think I slight tweak to the story line will work, even if it's just for a couple of seasons
I'd agree - they are spending an awful lot for 2024 so I would opt to keep it as it is for this season or a few more and then do something with it.
(Considering theres also the movement of terence!)

It would be fine where it is for a little as it is :)
Just... Please. Add a countdown for a rough estimate of when the 15 minutes has passed or something... Feels like an eternal wait somedays!

I think if they kept the stuff they added to it for The Haunting reclaimed, repainted the truck back to the IMR, and added some proper UV lights in there, I think it'll be a fantastic attraction. I remember how busy it was when I was queuing for the ride during the Halloween event, at max the queue ended nearby the old gift shop exit on the main street!
Screenshot_20240117-165033_Google Earth.jpg

From my previous visits, The Haunting has never had a queue that long before. It proves how beloved the Old Haunting is to many, kids and adults alike. I don't see why they could just slend a little extra on it to get it back to standards again. If so, I think I'll prefer it over Hex (whenever that's opening again haha!)

Last edited:
Would love for the unchained parts of the ride to be retained especially the madhouse audio, if there was a way the vicar could be reinstated in the preshow would be fantastic his head is somewhere in storage, wouldn't be much effort to bring back the IMR as the old truck was just stickers and I think the black truck fits with the ride you don't see the FBI or secret service driving around with grey trucks and cars but it is supposed to be ghostbuster type thing, I think replacing some of the speakers in the madhouse to be more up to date would also be nice as they are quite worn out and sound fuzzy this was noticeable during unchained when the IMR came over the mic.

It appears to be back on the website now:

Sheriff's is also back up :) which makes sense (both were missing the other day)

No return for Barrels yet but I assume they'll get a new name after the retheme

This is a good sign means it's staying from what I can see.

Drunken barrels is back up now! I think they will all be updated at some point.

I think drunken barrels, sheriff showdown and haunting will stay in some form.

Haha they are watching ! To be fair though, although a remain seems pretty likely , I do think the name could work as it is. I mean what cowboys don’t like their drinks ?

Haha they are watching ! To be fair though, although a remain seems pretty likely , I do think the name could work as it is. I mean what cowboys don’t like their drinks ?
They could also repainted the figure as a cowboy. Anyway back onto topic I wonder if the haunting will keep it's name. Because it's northing really to do with cowboys

Haunting looks like it will keep the name & stay as it is for now
But a retheme down the line could happen...

I don't think it really needs a cowboy makeover as its kinda tucked away in its own corner quite happily
You can walk past it and not even notice it if you didn't know it was there

Back