Pirate Adventure

I think to they block up the main door and the former exit there is a good chance they gonna use the building again and it may not be in 2022 but the looping group know they can’t afford to spend over 5 million on a new coaster and looking at there other parks they brought in 2nd hand and themed them up. They also got a good history in bringing former attractions back to life, re-theming existing rides and reusing buildings.

I'll be going on the 19th, can you remind me where the Exit was or is it covered over now? Somewhere in the Thomas Shop? Also where were the lockers you talked about?

They started to paint the exit area and I forgot how far u had to walk from the exiting the building as I walked to round the 1st corner and surprised it went even further round.
9EB08B07-8543-420A-BE4E-BD855527B1B7.jpeg
863AEE01-914E-40A1-A6F3-936135B80465.jpeg
945E5D32-87C8-4402-9B38-65251DA4BDF3.jpeg

Did you make it to the end of the corridor and see the actual ride exit? I thought the exit brought you out into the Thomas shop or did it get rerouted to Emily's play area?

I wanted to go to the end but had my 9 year old daughter who in the pic above and my 2 young old son and it would have looked Weird me leaving them by the exit to go down a area out of bounds by guests. Opposite the exit would be the back of the Thomas shop and you use to exit into children’s corner.
The best I found of the former exit was in this video
Go to roughly 20 mins in

I wanted to go to the end but had my 9 year old daughter who in the pic above and my 2 young old son and it would have looked Weird me leaving them by the exit to go down a area out of bounds by guests. Opposite the exit would be the back of the Thomas shop and you use to exit into children’s corner.
The best I found of the former exit was in this video
Go to roughly 20 mins in
the park looks so different back then to what it does now

I went to Drayton Manor roughly just before the pirate adventure was build and it was mainly for the Zoo and farm with the amusement park you had wristbands or tickets.
All the rides expect the log flume were fun fair rides but for the parks 40th birthday they decided to built there 1st full themed ride in Pirate adventure and I remember it always had a queue outside it’s entrance. With the money it made from its opening 2 seasons they themed the Ghost train and the Dodgems, Added the themed restaurant next door and the Jolly Buccaneer with the Jolly Roger and the pirate raft ride then think that’s when it started to go down hill as the Jolly Roger was removed and now it’s at Alton towers, ghost train became Emily play area and the left side of the pirate adventure was changed forever with the cars ride having a new indoor area, Thomas shop taking over the former exit and Winston using part of the building.

I went to the end of the Pirate Adventure ride exit corridor yesterday. Your right, it is long and around a corner too. Unfortunately there was nothing to report, door locked shut at the end and no sign of light on the other side of the door :(

Heres hoping one day

Cheers to the guys who set the forum up and those who answered my (looking back, ridiculous) questions when we got our annual passes!

Here's to a bright future for Drayton, hopefully see some of you over on the Towers Street forum etc.

Hopefully this'll bring this thread back to life. I've done some concept art of what I'd do if Pirate Adventure would look like if it was brought back. This is only the facade sorry, might do some more later this or next year.

So, let's start with the new entrance, with a more dynamic brickwork around the double doors. Peg Leg Polly has a new hut on the left of the entrance. There's also a new layer of stone bricks on the base of of turrets to add more detail and prevent corrosion from the ground. The logo has been tweaked a bit with some new features on there, Along with the 'P' having its own place in the scroll.

There are also drapes on each side of the logo that extend outwards with 2 different colours, red and white. A gun hole has been added on the left turret near the top, and a flag pole has been added on top as well, with the D, and M standing for 'Drayton Manor'. A nice small detail i added are the cannonball marks on the facade to make the Fort look a little more damaged and try to fill in blank spaces. The final addition is the cannon at the top above the logo.

Hope you guys like it!

Attachments

• 20221127_211520.jpg
    20221127_211520.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
Back