Pirate Adventure

so I could see that being expanded and maybe some rides being re-located in there but I don't really know xD

Reactions: Dan
last time I went to Drayton I saw some Air conditioning fans spinning on the side of the Pirates adventure building, there was also lights on inside that you could see through a crack in the fire exit door, and I think there were people in there, though not sure, its definitely not "SBNO", something is going on inside! : )

Nothing. I've been in Pirate a lot and I can assure you nothing to the ride is happening. The building is active to authorized staff such as maintenance.

The building is always left on with the lights as it's used as an extra working area.

Surely if they’ve left everything there with no ride moving in it for 4 years now then they must have some plans with the infrastructure or theming? Could they have had/ still have plans with it but for now it’s on holt until all court things for the Splash Canyon accident finishes. I do hope they have plans to use the space or get it back running, at least they can keep what’s happening somewhat of a secret to people considering it’s indoors and unless you knew it’s there you won’t realise it is/ was a ride. Plus Drayton don’t troll Twitter with unprofessional tweets about SBNO water rides.

*cough* THORPE PARK *cough*

Reactions: Dom
I’d hazard a guess that the reason it’s all still as it was when it closed is because there just isn’t a viable reason to remove it unless they actually had plans for the building (which I don’t expect they do, at the moment), and likely with the cost of removing it, it just isn’t really worth it.

The biggest problem you got now is that the staff rooms,Thomas shop,Indoor play area and restrooms,Winstons queueline,Burger kitchen and the bumper cars are all connected to the pirate adventure building so it would be nearly impossible to knock the building down. It would be cheaper just to keep the shell of the building and rework the outside of the building.

The biggest problem you got now is that the staff rooms,Thomas shop,Indoor play area and restrooms,Winstons queueline,Burger kitchen and the bumper cars are all connected to the pirate adventure building so it would be nearly impossible to knock the building down. It would be cheaper just to keep the shell of the building and rework the outside of the building.

If they wanted to be cheap and not remove the ride, they could always make the facade fit the new dodgems one and stick a HB Leisure stand outside it for now. Then when they think it’s worth getting the ride open then they could just remove the HB Leisure stand.

True. I’d imagine removing the ivy and repainting it could be cheaper, however I could only assume the dodgems facade didn’t cost too much. Plus you have less of a facade to do as with the dodgems you had the front and the side to do. Does anyone know who did the dodgems facade as it looks really smart?

When was the facade update done to Pirate Adventure?

The Thomas Land expansion mentioned on another thread does make sense for the park, Thomas Land is open at Christmas and during February, so some indoor space would likely be welcome, especially given that the park must lose money when families decide not to come / cancel given the weather. Some indoor attractions would be a pull, but the entrance would have to be within Thomas Land and there'd be some serious work needed.

Personally I'd love to see the boat system reused, and ideally keep the Pirate theme for Pirate Cove, the Theme Park area needs anything it can get right now. I'm unsure as to whether the next investment would be with Pirate Adventure, or whether they'd invest elsewhere beforehand. I will soon share my full Ride Schema which includes scene locations.

Does anybody have any interesting facts or memories to share of Pirate Adventure?

When was the facade update done to Pirate Adventure?

The Thomas Land expansion mentioned on another thread does make sense for the park, Thomas Land is open at Christmas and during February, so some indoor space would likely be welcome, especially given that the park must lose money when families decide not to come / cancel given the weather. Some indoor attractions would be a pull, but the entrance would have to be within Thomas Land and there'd be some serious work needed.

Personally I'd love to see the boat system reused, and ideally keep the Pirate theme for Pirate Cove, the Theme Park area needs anything it can get right now. I'm unsure as to whether the next investment would be with Pirate Adventure, or whether they'd invest elsewhere beforehand. I will soon share my full Ride Schema which includes scene locations.

Does anybody have any interesting facts or memories to share of Pirate Adventure?
When I worked at Drayton last year I managed to get inside Pirate Adventure and snap a few photos, but can't upload it to a public forum just yet. Still awaiting approval. Not a lot has changed in the queue line and station except it was painted in early 2015 ready for the new season but unfortunately the ride only last two days before the decision was made to close it.

There is a lot of work, parts and stuff that need to done before the ride will run again. I doubt the ride will make a return but it just depends if Drayton want to put their money into a new family-based attraction, or use it for development work on the ride.

Does anyone remember the old pirate shop as you exited the ride?
I've heard about this! I don't seem to remember it at all!

I'm assuming this was attached to the original exit from the ride, before it was altered? Did they sell ride merchandise in there or was it generic merchandise? I'd love to gain access to the audio tracks for this ride, it was so memorable.

It sold pir
I've heard about this! I don't seem to remember it at all!

I'm assuming this was attached to the original exit from the ride, before it was altered? Did they sell ride merchandise in there or was it generic merchandise? I'd love to gain access to the audio tracks for this ride, it was so memorable.
It sold pirate themed stuff, skulls hats, swords etc. I have a DM branded pirate key ring from there still. It used to come out in fruit shoot land between where the old toilets used to be in Thomas land by bulstrode.

It sold pir

It sold pirate themed stuff, skulls hats, swords etc. I have a DM branded pirate key ring from there still. It used to come out in fruit shoot land between where the old toilets used to be in Thomas land by bulstrode.

I can only assume it’s now the Thomas Land gift shop? Makes sense if it lead out the fruit shoot land!

I do remember the shop very well. I bought a Pirate Adventure badge from it in the early 2000s off memory. Might still have it lying around somewhere :) The Treasure Trove shop wasn't gigantic, but it had some cool sections, including a UV lit part which was just as you came in to the shop from Pirate Adventure, and a brighter area area for general merch like toy scimitars, old Drayton Manor mugs ect. closer to the shop exit where you went in to Kids Corner/Robinson's.
Dan The darkish castle facade with all the peppered gunfire markings from your 1990 photo was the original paint job.In 2000 it was painted to a slightly different scheme. Brickwork was done brightly instead of the dark colors this time, the rest was a little brighter too. The final (major) repaint as far as I'm aware was in 2004, which gave the castle it's now very bright appearance. In 2005, a new section of the facade was completed where the Crypt used to be and it was empty for another 2 years before becoming the home of Emily's Indoor play area. I much prefer the original 'darker' appearance of the Pirate Adventure castle tbh.

I do remember the shop very well. I bought a Pirate Adventure badge from it in the early 2000s off memory. Might still have it lying around somewhere :) The Treasure Trove shop wasn't gigantic, but it had some cool sections, including a UV lit part which was just as you came in to the shop from Pirate Adventure, and a brighter area area for general merch like toy scimitars, old Drayton Manor mugs ect. closer to the shop exit where you went in to Kids Corner/Robinson's.
Dan The darkish castle facade with all the peppered gunfire markings from your 1990 photo was the original paint job.In 2000 it was painted to a slightly different scheme. Brickwork was done brightly instead of the dark colors this time, the rest was a little brighter too. The final (major) repaint as far as I'm aware was in 2004, which gave the castle it's now very bright appearance. In 2005, a new section of the facade was completed where the Crypt used to be and it was empty for another 2 years before becoming the home of Emily's Indoor play area. I much prefer the original 'darker' appearance of the Pirate Adventure castle tbh.
The park could really do with theming their shops up a little, makes it far more attractive. Although, they do seem popular without this.

Found one of my old souvenirs from the pirate adventure shop!

ABD17080-BDA2-40AE-AB86-B80523E9CCC0.jpeg
D187895A-7EA3-462E-86B4-113A0D97C52D.jpeg

Back