Pirate Adventure

Last Saturday getting the train back from the farm area I noticed that the maintenance doors were open and staff in there. Also the gate to the side was open and there was a digger in there clearing a lot of land. The boats were missing and lots of old park theming also. I wonder with the park been 70 years old and Pirate adventure been 30 years old next year maybe the park are looking at bringing the ride back or starting to clear the building?

EDE92736-92FC-43C2-A2EC-22369A99928A.jpeg
61D60BB5-85F4-4D8D-8504-F99AFE798F73.jpeg

There is a lot of work going on at the back of Pirate adventure.
Is the area where the shutter is near the area where the pirate gets hit on the head by the bloom? How big is the maintenance area and how many boats could fit in there? How is the boats loaded/unloaded in this area?

Seems to be a lot going on back there with pirate, certainly is looking clearer since the other images ive seen back there - i wonder what they are up to. the area through the shutter doors i think is the maintenance bay, and if im right then yes that links just to the right as you enter the tunnel with the pirate being hit on the head.

I can't see it being very big because i would think the filters and things are back there, maybe room for a few boats?

Just read this reply by Drayton Manor on tripavisor:
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review Drayton Manor Park.
We have had lots of comments and feedback around the much-loved ride that is Pirate Adventure. Unfortunately, this ride closed a number of years ago and there are no plans as of yet to reopen it.
So they not 100% wrote off the ride yet. I would be happy for the park to sell G-Force and they use the money to bring this back to its former glory.

Hopefully this is a good sign. For all we know they could be planning something in that space for the 70th Anniversary next season. If that was the case I’d expect something on a small scale, as if it were a major ride (e.g. a coaster) we would have seen plans by now/ rumours. I’m still doubting Pirates Adventure will return for next year, and if it was to return I’d expect it to open in 2021 at the earliest. I’m sure Drayton know what they’re doing and something will happen there soon!

Does anyone have any updates on what’s going at the side of pirate adventure?

I was on accelerator and could see some new red structures that looked freshly painted rather than some old moved theming.

I saw this as well today. I went round by the monkeys trail and there was workmen on there and many cherry pickers been used. By the hog roast tent there was a water pump in use so not sure if they were emptying out the lake.

4A578047-2396-4816-81AD-5882056F1B54.jpeg
4679BFB7-7227-4F2C-B7C6-436E316BDD65.jpeg

There is really major work going on the right side of the pirate adventure. Also the red thing looks like the red train off shockwave but not sure. They had a few of them lorry skips in the cleared area at the back of the pirate adventure.

Your right, there is definitely something going on with Pirate Adventure, those images aren't very nice to see and I'm sure this changes happened this season at some pint, I didn't see that earlier this season.

It looks like a clean cut in the façade on the corner revealing the warehouse building. I think that is to the right of dodgems which is where those gates are to the staff area, maybe that is related or they needed to repair the building. Removing the facade in that way seems to secure pirates future

I was at the park today and looked at the facade changes Themeparksandy1981 has shown above, its like theyve took the corner off the building, it couldnt have fallen off because its a clean cut as you can see below, they have definately cut it. Maybe there was an issue with the warehouse under it and the only way they could fix it was to remove it, or they arent being careful now to preserve because they might remove the whole facade soon? this lack of care for the ride facade could spell an official end to the ride, either way its uppsetting to see one of the best dark ride in the uk being treated like that

IMG_8877.jpg

I wanted to get near that gate to take a better pic but there was a member of staff at the entrance of the bumper cars and he was watching me so moved away.
It looks like it’s been repaired as the bit running down the side and across the top look new. This is why I miss the big wheel as that would be perfect to see into the construction site.
I wonder if they been secretly testing the ride system as them boats can’t just disappear. On the train to the farm the compressor room was all open.

i took it by the exit to the castle of dreams, by the humble pies outlet, you get a better view there than you do by the dodgems. I think they are testing it to see how easy it is to remove the facade, or maybe they are just repairing the building like you say. Either way you can see it across the park when you walk between the zoo and the entrance to pirate adventure, its very sad to see one of the UKs best dark rides closed.

Has anyone ever noticed this?

View attachment 122
I noticed it! Also, if you go behind Jolly Bucanner, to the left of Dodgems Ahoy, you can go up to the doors of Pirate Adventure and see inside. You can't see much but the height restriction sign is still there. If anyone is om park soon, go up to the pirate adventure doors and there is a gap in which you can see through!

Back