Coronavirus and Theme Parks

Well my daughter finishes for school on Friday 2 weeks early and there’s a good chance she won’t be back to at least September. My nephew who’s in year 11 has had all his GCSE exams cancelled he wanted to do a modern apprenticeship and go to college but now could be forced to stay on 6th form and do them next year.

That is awful. School closures will be a barometer of when theme parks etc will open again. September is scarey and means schools simply won't reopen before end of July.

I really hope they can weather this out. I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Just need to find something else to do at weekends now, probably shows we spend way too much time at the park.

Well my daughter finishes for school on Friday 2 weeks early and there’s a good chance she won’t be back to at least September. My nephew who’s in year 11 has had all his GCSE exams cancelled he wanted to do a modern apprenticeship and go to college but now could be forced to stay on 6th form and do them next year.
That's terrible, it's looking the same for my son. I just can't see how such a lockdown could be sustainable for so long (and I really hope it isn't) everyone is going to go crazy from the isolation. I really feel sorry for the kids.

Well we on 3 days a week from Monday on 3 shifts:
Shift 1
Mon to Wed 6am to 7pm
Shift 2
Thur to Sat 6am to 7pm

Then it will rota every 3 weeks. Then it will be renewed after 3 months.

Shift 3
Mon to Thurs 8pm to 6am all the time to its starting to recover.

It’s a scary time where by the end of the month everywhere could be on lock down.

We are officially in a lockdown phase, scary times but lets hope it isnt for too long.

Parkwise, I'm really hoping people support them on reopening as this seasons been really unfortunate.

Having 2 kids the only difference in my current life is not going to Drayton Manor, watching the footie and going to kids parties. So just going to work only is the norm.

I'm still working, able to work from home.
Shame the events I was due to attend are cancelled/postponed but we'll manage

It’s been a nightmare 3 days with our 7 year old. She didn’t want to do homework today. It’s gonna even tougher on my wife tomorrow with her and my 8 month old as I’m working 6am to 7pm for the next 3 days.
It will be a hard procedure to get into because I had to work for 4 hours straight with a 5 minute break in between this morning!!

Reactions: Dan
Been doing some digging and places that attract mass gathering will be the last to reopen as it be hard to keep 1m apart from guests in queue lines and staff checking the seats of every guest. The hotel will be the 1st to reopen.

Summer will be the worst time for any park in the world to open. The football talking about restarting the season in June behind closed doors which I think is stupid as 2 games in Liverpool fans will be on the streets in there 1000s celebrating.
I'm just wondering if all the parks will survive because there's another park out there that I fear for!!!

Without this government 80% grant a lot of business will be closed for good. Drayton zero hour contact staff with have been moved on with the best kept on file to return to be retrained. Like the only staff there is management, security and maybe some maintenance staff so all power to the park will be off so the parks won’t be making no money but only the minimum going out so they should be fine.

Without this government 80% grant a lot of business will be closed for good. Drayton zero hour contact staff with have been moved on with the best kept on file to return to be retrained. Like the only staff there is management, security and maybe some maintenance staff so all power to the park will be off so the parks won’t be making no money but only the minimum going out so they should be fine.
I think Drayton will survive but other parks I've heard rumours:
. Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Near to being bankrupt
. Lightwater Valley: already bankrupt yet making cuts on 3 rides last year
. Chessington/Thorpe/Alton: will survive this probably
Flamingo: Nobody knows whether they will survive or not.
Basically, Lightwater Valley is in big trouble!!!

Back