2023: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t take photos yesterday as we was in troublesome trucks but progress is being made. Yesterday they was using a machine to squish the ground flat then adding rocks over.

So paid a quick visit after school today. As you can expect the park was very quiet.

One tootle around on the trucks did give a view of the works on the new ride. The station building looks like it is being extended and the concrete slab which went in is now becoming a trough as packed sides are put in. There is other work on the eventual theming going in with a kind of archaway being built up too. Couldn't grab any photos - sorry.

who else thinks the haunting is a under rated ride at drayton
Personally I think it’s not great like it used to be. Whilst they’ve done an amazing job on the pre show , what lets them down is the main ride itself. Whilst it has an amazing theme I feel the build up is ruined by the empty casket. I remember when the bats used to raise up out of the casket and then little strips would hit the back of your ankle as a jump scare when the lights turned off. It’s a shame they got rid of that and opted for an empty casket instead.

Personally I think it’s not great like it used to be. Whilst they’ve done an amazing job on the pre show , what lets them down is the main ride itself. Whilst it has an amazing theme I feel the build up is ruined by the empty casket. I remember when the bats used to raise up out of the casket and then little strips would hit the back of your ankle as a jump scare when the lights turned off. It’s a shame they got rid of that and opted for an empty casket instead.
true but it has tons of history such as the uks first vekoma madhouse, the worlds second vekoma madhouse to open and is the first of the smaller vekoma madhouses

who else thinks the haunting is a under rated ride at drayton
I think it gets missed being that end of the park (maybe the 2024 developments will improve this), but it is a great ride, I will always argue that Dr X should come back but I always enjoy riding it.

My main complaint is the turnaround time, they need more staff and a constant rotation so you have a group in pre-show, a group in the library and a group on the actual mad house. It takes so long for a single cycle at the moment.

Hey everyone, just got back from my trio to the Park today. I've got to say, even without Apocalypse, this has to be the best day I've ever had at Drayton Manor!! Lemme explain.

The park was practically empty, there were no queues for anything, even Vikings was queue free. I finally managed to overcome my fear of certain rides at the park, and now I really like them! These include, Bounty, Maelstrom, and Drunken Barrels!

My first ride was Sheriffs Showdown. First rider as well. I really appreciate the teeming and props in this ride a lot more now, good old Space Leisure theming, but way better than it originally was when it was Golden Nugget! Some of the props weren't moving, such as 2 of the cowboys, and the Rocking Chair still isn't there for some reason. Loved the ride so much I had around 7 rides on it today. That's how empty it was!

Bounty was a big surprise for me on how much fun it is!! Really like the theming around the queue and Station!

Maelstrom has to be my favourite thrill ride in the park now, with Shockwave 2nd. I absolutely adored it. I loved it so much, I had 3 goes on it!

Drunken Barrels was really good, but I was the only rider when I gave it a go XD. Thankfully it doesn't spin as much as I thought it would. In my opinion, Drunek Barrels is the best themed Flat Ride in the country. I adore the German Brewery theme with all Custom Banners and the Oompah music playing, it's really catchy!! Shame the centrepiece with the beer bottle and hot dog isn't there anymore though.

20230421_144540.jpg

The Haunting was Good as usual! Still a bit unimpressed with how derelict the RIPA Lorry looks nowadays, and how much I've has been allowed to cover the facade.

I did Shockwave twice, a bit rattly, but fun nevertheless!

River Rapids were on today, still a really fun attraction. Some of the ffects weren't on when I went, such as the water explosions, and the fountains at the end. Love the music for it! Really lively!

Managed to have a go on the Buffalo (not bothered to type in its new name) as well. When we finished the first ride, the queue was empty so the operator allowed us to stay on for another go! That really made my day!

Had a few goes on Accelerator. That never had a queue. You really appreciate the theming in the queue when you're not in a group of loud crowds.

... I still miss you...
20230421_134614.jpg

Especially Peg-Leg Polly.
20230421_134717.jpg

"All aboard The Pirate Adventure!!"

I'm really hoping Looping have some plans to give this ride the Pirate En Batavia treatment! Imagine! The potential behind those doors...
20230421_134600.jpg

Anyway, that's all I have to report. I had a fantastic day as a whole!!!

Great report. Glad you had such a good day.

(You do know you can spin the barrells round faster using the wheel in the middle...if you want to that is)
Thank you! I know I can, but it can be really difficult sometimes when you're the only one spinning it, that's all.

Also, fun fact, when you're queueing for The Haunting, if you turn towards Sheriffs Showdown when in the facade area, you'll notice a greenish looking fibreglass wall attached to the Warehouse. That's the very last remains of The Jungle Palladium!! Its all that's left of the old facade! It's behind the Hauntings Wall on the photo below.
20230421_151539.jpg

Had my first ride on Submarine Splash today. Not bad, especially for a small children's ride. Some nice themeing and setting though still looks a bit unfinished in places. Like the Submarine ride boat over the bubbles looks like it's waiting for something proper and the queue looks very unfinished. Such as proper fences but a good investment overall for Thomas Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back