New Rollercoaster for 2024

Went today. The launch transfer track needs tramming into alignment, and then teh last trackpiece can go in. catwalks are in, look like a new style from intamin. most drive tire motors appear to be in, and the launch and maintenance road are fully tired

Here’s a few from me.
What’s left in the car park
View attachment 5583View attachment 5584View attachment 5585View attachment 5586View attachment 5587View attachment 5589View attachment 5590View attachment 5591View attachment 5592View attachment 5593View attachment 5594View attachment 5595View attachment 5596View attachment 5597
That’s the final piece of track going in and on the lift hill I wonder if you will go up it twice as the switch track is at the bottom of the lift hill
What's under that cover? The ride train maybe?

Yeah I suspect the last track will stay out until access isn’t required - after most the the theming

The ride needs to complete so many hundreds if not thousands of hours worth of testing before ADIPS and other authoritative bodies will sign it off as safe for people to ride. They will want the ride hardware completed ASAP so that this testing can begin. Ideally with theming and the landscaping being built in between and in tandem with the testing. I suspect theming won't be finished until close to the opening date, therefor leaving a track piece out would mean they would potentially miss the date due to the required testing.

For context, Nemesis at Alton Towers, while not brand new in the traditional sense, but brand new in the sense of 90% of the track replaced, new trains, control system and breaking technology (enough to warrent new certification basically) has been running non stop all day every day recently and it will continue to do so until every possible operating combination, potential fault and everything in between has been tested many times.

Draytons new coaster will probably make this testing process more complex than Nemesis with it's traditional layout, due to a much higher variation of things that need to be tested with switch tracks and what not. So getting the hardware up and running will be a big priority right now I would have thought. I guess if leaving track out was needed for access in the short term, they can complete the electrical side of the installation, then when that is ready the track can be put into place within an hour or so. But getting them trains going around that track will almost certainly be the number one priority right now.

This ride looks great, very excited to see how it all pans out. My 9 year old son is excited. This will be a big but not intimidating coaster for him, much better than the two other offerings he could do before withTroublesome Trucks and Accelerator. A few years off getting him to have the courage to ride Shockwave I think.

Passes run out towards the end of May. Hopefully it will be open by then but I've already made the decision that we will be renewing for the third year in a row. So no biggie if it is not. But I suspect they may aim for the easter holidays to get this open, it's usually a busy time for many themeparks, Drayton being no exception. So I suspect they will not only want the extra park capacity a major ride gives in soaking up crowds, but will want to capitalise on what is a busy period with their shiny and rather excellent looking rollercoaster.

Last edited:
I beleive the reason teh last peice of track is not in place is due to the fact that the transfer track before the launch has not been correctly levelled yet. Looking at it, you can see that it rides to high for the launch, and it will be easier to "tram" (Level and align) it with that peice out before final installation.

I beleive the reason teh last peice of track is not in place is due to the fact that the transfer track before the launch has not been correctly levelled yet. Looking at it, you can see that it rides to high for the launch, and it will be easier to "tram" (Level and align) it with that peice out before final installation.
I wonder when theming will start, or atleast groundwork being done etc. Drayton need to release a date.. soon??

When I spoke to staff on Saturday they told me that the left side of the coaster will be worked on 1st ie fences installed as they can open the street up again so guests can get up to Drunken barrels and sheriff showdown. I heard the haunting won’t be open at the start of the season. Can’t believe it’s taken less than a month to install this coaster.

When I spoke to staff on Saturday they told me that the left side of the coaster will be worked on 1st ie fences installed as they can open the street up again so guests can get up to Drunken barrels and sheriff showdown. I heard the haunting won’t be open at the start of the season. Can’t believe it’s taken less than a month to install this coaster.
I don’t believe that Drunken Barrels and Sheriff Showdown will be open. Everything else needs to be done, or else it will just look terrible. If it’s just one thing, I know it’s coaster so it’s a big thing, but if it’s a themed area. It will most likely all be done at once, or else it won’t be as good as the themed area openings.

I don’t believe that Drunken Barrels and Sheriff Showdown will be open. Everything else needs to be done, or else it will just look terrible. If it’s just one thing, I know it’s coaster so it’s a big thing, but if it’s a themed area. It will most likely all be done at once, or else it won’t be as good as the themed area openings.
Adventure Cove opened as soon as lockdown finished with Tidal towers and the Wave Swinger at the start of the summer school holidays and the river rapids 2-3 weeks later so they could up the area as if they not gonna let u go on them rides they not gonna let u into the Drayton theatre which is also part of the area.

Adventure Cove opened as soon as lockdown finished with Tidal towers and the Wave Swinger at the start of the summer school holidays and the river rapids 2-3 weeks later so they could up the area as if they not gonna let u go on them rides they not gonna let u into the Drayton theatre which is also part of the area.
That’s why Adventure Cove wasn’t as hyped up. Vikings was hyped up.

I think the street with the existing rides will open as phase 1 and the coaster as phase two and potentially more as phase 3 next year. They can't afford to lose three rides from the line up. It's aassive investment so will want to entice people in for Easter. Digital Dan has done a recreation on YouTube tonight. If anything like this will be a fantastic family thrill coaster.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not an expert at these things!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not an expert at these things!
Love Digital Dan's content, he makes some really great and entertaining videos. Also the coaster he made just looks fantastic!

I was looking at the coaster Silver Mountain at another looping park 'La mer de sable'. Its a mine train but more family than thrill. The theming is good, personally gives high hopes on the type of theming possible. Seeing and hearing peoples theories give high hopes that it will be better than the Klondike Gold Mine!

Back