New Rollercoaster for 2024

I will be judging the final experience. 2024 is going to be the year of the rollercoaster in the UK, bigger than 1994. The Manors coaster is the one that excites me and its my local park and not much is confirmed. I hope it has some good effects, not many effects on uk rides, so could well be unique if it does. They need to start hyping it if it is to open in the spring, although I think we are looking at summer now. I hope we are talking about a 'rider' experience!

My excitement for this coaster has seen me register to this fine forum!

I’m a 47 year old who’s coaster history has run from ‘too scared to ride’ to ‘got to invert’ and now I’m all about a rides character and story (and airtime, not so much the inverts). So Wicker-man is my current fave ride, but Alton towers is not my favourite park.

I love the theming at Drayton Manor, it really lends itself to the feeling of escapism that I love, and this new Wild West quarter seems primed to lean heavily into that.

My daughter is 12. Her fave ride is also wicker man with DM’s Maelstrom and Stormforce 10 very highly thought of too, and I think this new coaster will be right up her alley.

The only big question left for me- how much theming will be missed out in for those of us who need the accessibility entrances? My wife uses a wheelchair so this is a big factor for us.

My excitement for this coaster has seen me register to this fine forum!

I’m a 47 year old who’s coaster history has run from ‘too scared to ride’ to ‘got to invert’ and now I’m all about a rides character and story (and airtime, not so much the inverts). So Wicker-man is my current fave ride, but Alton towers is not my favourite park.

I love the theming at Drayton Manor, it really lends itself to the feeling of escapism that I love, and this new Wild West quarter seems primed to lean heavily into that.

My daughter is 12. Her fave ride is also wicker man with DM’s Maelstrom and Stormforce 10 very highly thought of too, and I think this new coaster will be right up her alley.

The only big question left for me- how much theming will be missed out in for those of us who need the accessibility entrances? My wife uses a wheelchair so this is a big factor for us.
Hello and welcome to the forum :) Hopefully you will like it here and enjoy many conversations about the park.
We can't wait to experience the new coaster and hope you all love it too - Its going to be a lot of fun from what I can tell so far.

Great choices of ride favourites there :)

That is a good question. At the moment, we aren't too sure on the queue line details (or much of the theming really :( ) but hopefully we will be able to see that forming soon. I hope that the accessibility entrance will also include wonderful theming.

Personally, I think we will have a sort of mine internal queueline - sparkling gemstones in the walls and all that.

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Hopefully you will like it here and enjoy many conversations about the park.
We can't wait to experience the new coaster and hope you all love it too - Its going to be a lot of fun from what I can tell so far.

Great choices of ride favourites there :)

That is a good question. At the moment, we aren't too sure on the queue line details (or much of the theming really :( ) but hopefully we will be able to see that forming soon. I hope that the accessibility entrance will also include wonderful theming.

Personally, I think we will have a sort of mine internal queueline - sparkling gemstones in the walls and all that.

I’m hopeful because accessibility generally gets better year on year (less of an afterthought) and also DM have clearly figured out the value in extensive theming.

Western theming gives a broad range of possibilities from gold mining to tumbleweed plains to saloon shootouts. The ride station could be a saloon and it could develop from there.

I’m hopeful because accessibility generally gets better year on year (less of an afterthought) and also DM have clearly figured out the value in extensive theming.

Western theming gives a broad range of possibilities from gold mining to tumbleweed plains to saloon shootouts. The ride station could be a saloon and it could develop from there.
Im thinking the station will be more a miners house/mine site as they seem to have a saloon style building being painted over by the 4D theater :)

I like the idea of being in the station, and being chased out on the horse and being in a wild west shootout! Grenades round the track and explosions, smoke and then escape back to the station. A few assumptions there along the way :)

But will it be more like a dirty spaghetti western (Sergio leone) or true blue American (John Wayne)?
I feel like it will be more toward whichever is more family friendly - probably more of a weird cowboy fun theme to keep to the family focus they've been looking at recently.

IMG_4607.jpeg

Station

The coaster started clearance testing this weekend :)

Looks like the theming/station buildings remain to be done
They started the frame work on the station at the end of the Dinosaur event and thought as it’s just a basic building the station would have been fully enclosed by now at least when in the same time frame the whole of the coaster layout was installed.

Back