Accelerator

Something that was noticed during Ciaran visit to the park was what looks like these paint samples inside the Accelerator queue.

What do you think these could be about? For the new rides / area or will this be Accelerator getting a repaint between now and the season start?

(I personally think a full major retheme is unlikely in the timeframe)

Attachments

• IMG-20240219-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240219-WA0004.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 64
I think they may be trying to get it to blend in. A retheme would be nice but may not be viable with all other investments. To be honest, if it wasn't for the new land I don't think it would even need to be discussed apart from update for maintenance. They may be looking to update the appearance and new skins for the cars at some point, it depends whether it becomes part of the new land.

Something that was noticed during Ciaran visit to the park was what looks like these paint samples inside the Accelerator queue.

What do you think these could be about? For the new rides / area or will this be Accelerator getting a repaint between now and the season start?

(I personally think a full major retheme is unlikely in the timeframe)
Not too sure... probably impossible for the park to give it a major retheme for this year considering various other projects going on. We could potentially see a repaint of the track/station building. I would personally like the track to be more of an orangey colour - it would fit pretty well with Vikings and the Wild West area considering the darker colour pallet in both of those areas.

Looks better. Maybe rethemed of just outside. Then possible rethemed with new ride next to it next year.
Could work but that would put the ride into a sort of limbo state with an exterior that doesn't match the ride itself at all until it does get fully rethemed.

I think the external metal panelling will all be changed for wooden. I can see them ripping out the queueline and retheming over a couple of term-time weeks between Easter & May HT.

I believe we’ll see the track repainted and new/rebranded trains next year with replacement flat for FD.

I think it all depends on the height restriction on the new coaster as if it’s 1.1 -1.2 they won’t want Accelerator down for long when the park will be busy.

Reactions: Dan
Back