Accelerator

Had a panic attack today. I hate heights and was on accelerater..... And it got stuck at the very top.... Kids were crying people were laughing we were there for half an hour. They then broke the pipe and
released us and stopped in the station for me...... I got off straight after it stopped

Had a panic attack today. I hate heights and was on accelerater..... And it got stuck at the very top.... Kids were crying people were laughing we were there for half an hour. They then broke the pipe and
released us and stopped in the station for me...... I got off straight after it stopped
That doesn’t sound like a very pleasant experience. Hope you were okay after. (y)

Sorry to hear that. Hope it didn't spoil your day.

Even Accelerator was closed cause of the temperatures
9E469264-7D2B-4182-B32E-3F63F2317540.jpeg

Just to make it clear, this is nothing but speculation. I thought it was worth showing at least.

AerialAmusements retweeted this theory on their page:

“I think i've just gone insane tonight so please ignore me if you want but could accelerator be the ride that gets relocated? it just feels really out of place between the two areas now and i think it would just fit in the empty plot in vikings with a good retheme and repaint”

IMG_3446.jpeg

I can’t see it personally. Moving a coaster is a huge effort, not to mention cost, re-theming.. and I can’t see it really fitting the Viking aesthetic

There’s more chance Drayton decide to remove it, if they want to tidy that area up, then move it, imo.

Well as a retheme it could well go as the flame from a dragons mouth or somesuch. Could look amazing actually.

But I'm with Stevie here. Its not so much that the movement of the ride but all the infrastrcuture and buildings that go with it. The hydraulic loading system etc.

Now the plot itself would be prime location in the park if they are going to look at becoming more event based so its something which may be considered at some point.

Been thinking and the easiest way to re-theme Accelerator would be enclose the station building and theme it to fit the Western theme, remove all the other buildings with just a outside queue and paint the track and supports.

but what about the train, it is very ‘un-western’ if you know what I mean
velociraptor at paultons park ain’t themed to dinosaurs. After the Ben 10 deal ended a new wrap went round the backs of the seats and they could get the trains send out like they did for the Buffalo re theme. Way cheaper than moving the whole coaster to Viking then they only got to move the Flying Dutchman and install a new drop tower on its site and it will fit in nicely.

Back