Accelerator

I don't think we will see anything happen to Accelerator for a few years personally.
I agree. It’s fine as a standalone attraction at the minute and was re-themed a few years back (when the Ben-10 licensing ran out) so for now it’s fine.

I'm wonder if they are waiting for the new ride in the location of the flying dutchman and will retheme at that point. Compared to the last time I went to Alton Towers it is in good condition but agree it needs a bit of work. The investment in this year is significant and all rides need to be invested in.

I’d image a part 2 of the area next year with a new flat/family drop tower on the FD site & Accelerator retheme.

I’m sure that 5 year plan had new coaster trains earmarked for 2024 (Shockwave) and 2025 - perhaps that’s for Accelerator? The rest is just props, vinyl wraps & lighting.

Thankfully I don't hang around in the queuing area too often for the ride. But when I have I've just noticed how dusty so many of the displays and models are. I think a damn good clean would make a significant difference. - Apologies if this has actually been done.

Thankfully I don't hang around in the queuing area too often for the ride. But when I have I've just noticed how dusty so many of the displays and models are. I think a damn good clean would make a significant difference. - Apologies if this has actually been done.
In my opinion it’s the currently the best queue line at the park (by a lot) but I reckon most people just end up rushing through most of it so don’t see it that much. Never really noticed many of the models being that dusty… might just be me though.

In my opinion it’s the currently the best queue line at the park (by a lot) but I reckon most people just end up rushing through most of it so don’t see it that much. Never really noticed many of the models being that dusty… might just be me though.
I know the car overhead is incredibly dusty from when I've been through but that's probably the only one I've ever noticed being super dusty.

There's definitely parts which could be repainted (and a few old Ben10 logos on the consoles too)

There's definitely parts which could be repainted (and a few old Ben10 logos on the consoles too)
I’m surprised they’re allowed to leave them on there considering the contract ended… then again is Ben10 even still going these days?

I’m surprised they’re allowed to leave them on there considering the contract ended… then again is Ben10 even still going these days?
They're painted over so you don't really know what they are if you don't look too closely ^^` but they're part of the scenery so would only be removed fully if sanded down / the panels were changed. The major / obvious theming was all removed - I think the last parts to change were on the old ice cream outlet on the side of the ride (I'm fairly sure that had a logo on which was more obvious) - I'll get a picture next time

I don't know if it is I know they stopped doing the "good one"

They're painted over so you don't really know what they are if you don't look too closely ^^` but they're part of the scenery so would only be removed fully if sanded down / the panels were changed. The major / obvious theming was all removed - I think the last parts to change were on the old ice cream outlet on the side of the ride (I'm fairly sure that had a logo on which was more obvious) - I'll get a picture next time

I don't know if it is I know they stopped doing the "good one"
Got this photo from a May vlog on ‘Theme Park Enthusiast’ on YouTube. At the top it used to have the old DM logo which is now covered by a sticker, and on the sides of the outlet you can see the little Ben10 logos.

As for the show, I reckon it got given Thomas AEG treatment (a reboot).

Attachments

• IMG_5702.jpeg
    IMG_5702.jpeg
    552.9 KB · Views: 48
Got this photo from a May vlog on ‘Theme Park Enthusiast’ on YouTube. At the top it used to have the old DM logo which is now covered by a sticker, and on the sides of the outlet you can see the little Ben10 logos.

As for the show, I reckon it got given Thomas AEG treatment (a reboot).
That haven't opened in years

Back