The Wave - Shockwave re-theme

I do love how they’ve added plenty of on-ride theming to that straight piece of track between the zero-g roll and the corkscrews.

Not only does the new entrance sign and (primarily) the billboard make for anticipating head-chopper effect on the straight track but it’s situated right before the transition into the corkscrews, essentially hiding and catching you off-guard with the sudden turn into the inversions.

I’ll have to ride it myself to experience it but they may have turned the most boring part of the ride into the most intense moment.

My camera is rubbish for zooming in but look what I spy ;) front row availability for the wave ❤️

Attachments

• DEED10E9-BF45-4578-B7E1-AEEA4B9567C8.jpeg
    DEED10E9-BF45-4578-B7E1-AEEA4B9567C8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
It’s got a portal and everything, idk if ur being sarcastic lol
I'm assuming Andy was on about this entrance sign, which I agree does look a bit daft with the end of the surfboard pointing off into space.

Attachments

• 20240402_015513.jpg
    20240402_015513.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
Considering you’ll have already walked past two bigger and better looking signs, I don’t think it’s that bad.

What they could have done was built the queue line so the start of the queue was under the lifeguard building. That other entrance looks like they spent £1000 on a job lot of surf boards and had 1 to many so they just decided to screw it to shockwave former queue line entrance and put a entrance sign over it.

Back