2024: General Discussion

Them members of staff have so much work to do. Yesterday the bloke with the Beard and glasses in the 4 hours we were there was a Viking, Cowboy and at the end as a ring master.
Really do think the entertainment was poor yesterday for an Easter event.
Like they ain’t even announced the dates for the other events yet.
They work really hard and are all incredible <3 An amazing entertainments team - but they could benefit from some extra hands to help fill the day more

Like, Fiestaval was a great example - with the samba dancers & circus performers added.(Do love that event!)

So little man has had to write his very own subject….. any topic is fair game and this is what I’ve been very surprised with. He’s done cover art for a story based on the wave he’s even mentioned the haunting and blasting barrels. I thought I would share this original piece of art.
Great work little one <3 Looks great!

They work really hard and are all incredible <3 An amazing entertainments team - but they could benefit from some extra hands to help fill the day more

Like, Fiestaval was a great example - with the samba dancers & circus performers added.(Do love that event!)

Great work little one <3 Looks great!
I kinda like how it’s the same 2 performers, they are both hilarious, and I just find it really funny when I see them just in different costumes around the park. But, maybe some more ents team would help.

The 2 men arnt part of the Drayton team but more of a third party company. I found this interesting to learn. They are amazing though.

The 2 men arnt part of the Drayton team but more of a third party company. I found this interesting to learn. They are amazing though.
Correct - Drayton use an external company for their entertainment like a few other parks.

Cadbury world does it too :)

Email from Drayton manor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409-193421.png
    Screenshot_20240409-193421.png
    295.4 KB · Views: 35
I think Drayton hotel needs to read and review the emails they send out to people.
We booked a room for the bank holiday weekend to take advantage of the late opening hours and imagine my surprise when apparently I can go see Santa for 11 am ;)

Attachments

• A464DD8D-BE5E-4A49-8150-1397DCA87FBE.png
    A464DD8D-BE5E-4A49-8150-1397DCA87FBE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Hopefully for these fireworks, it will be dark enough. The coronation ones last year were ongoing when it was still a bit bright out :(

Correct - Drayton use an external company for their entertainment like a few other parks.

Cadbury world does it too :)
Is Rusty, Dusty and Fat Controller external companies too? And how did u find out they used external companies?

Is Rusty, Dusty and Fat Controller external companies too? And how did u find out they used external companies?
I believe they are all external hire yes
A lot of attractions outsource their entertainment - its a common thing to do, especially when looking to cover events and particular dates :)
The dinosaur team who look after the dinosaurs at Dinobreakout are another external company.

As to how I know, I am a part time performer myself so I know a lot of entertainments companies. (At the moment, I do not work with any companies in particular, I am a charity based performer.)

I think the only one that uses an in-house entertainment team that I know of is Merlin Entertainments.

I do not think this new coaster will be opening until very late into the season. It is pretty bad to be in mid April, with the three headline attractions the park has, all still shut, plus they are still charging full price gate entry.

There are ALOT of very angry people on social media regarding this and quite rightly so to be honest, when all three of the parks largest attractions are shut, this includes the yet un announced new coaster.

Parks will always hide behind their 'we reserve the right to close any ride at any time' T&C crap, which is not worth the paper it is printed on to be fair, not when people are leaving the park early, leaving angry and are not inclined to return, which is a frequent sentiment I am seeing on social media.

Drayton Manor have possibly dropped the ball a little bit regarding this if you ask me. They are advertising that this is their biggest season yet, Is it? It does not look like it, you are already angering customers left right and centre and are yet to open three headline attractions. So far, one of the worst season starts yet.

I believe they are all external hire yes
A lot of attractions outsource their entertainment - its a common thing to do, especially when looking to cover events and particular dates :)
The dinosaur team who look after the dinosaurs at Dinobreakout are another external company.

As to how I know, I am a part time performer myself so I know a lot of entertainments companies. (At the moment, I do not work with any companies in particular, I am a charity based performer.)

I think the only one that uses an in-house entertainment team that I know of is Merlin Entertainments.
Hi Elise, do you know what happened to Sir Topham Hatt's Steam Team, before Rusty and Dusty took over? We had a really memorable trip one Halloween and they were on top form. The three of them were really funny, and obviously enjoyed working together. There was a Miss Kiki (who later went by the name Station Mistress Sally) and Chloe (who was lovely and friendly with our little ones when they also ran the hotel entertainment in the evening). We love Rusty and Dusty but I hope the Steam Team were able to go on to new adventures.

Oh, and another memory now I'm in a nostalgic mood, does anyone remember Freddie the Fungineer?

Back