2024: General Discussion

We’ve gone away for the weekend to Somerset and I couldn’t help but notice this sign haha I’m wondering if someone likes to go here in the decision making team.

Attachments

• CBB1E0BF-4768-4CBA-A182-D0BEFD8575C6.jpeg
    CBB1E0BF-4768-4CBA-A182-D0BEFD8575C6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
We visited the park on Sunday and I can’t praise the park enough in terms of memorable moments that the staff and entertainers create throughout the day.

Our day always starts off in customer services for our what seems like weekly measure and absolutely love both sammy and Teresa. Always so friendly and welcoming and no little thing is too small a job for them. They always go out there way to have a chat with little man and he absolutely looks forward to seeing them every time.

All ride ops were fantastic for the rides that we visited but I felt bad for the poor lad who had the job of standing at maelstrom gates all day to inform people it was closed.

The game stall staff made little man feel special. I refuse to pay the basket ball stand for a very short 7 year old but they always let him have a test shot. Little man rescued a run away ball and he ended up shooting all the balls at the hoops with fantastic interactions with the 3 staff members working on the stall.

We ended up paying for one game on the colourful ball throw where you have to try and get the ball to stay on the table and little man ended up winning 2 little prizes and a medium through one game which was fantastic.

Sir topemhat , rusty and dusty for us must be the best land entertainment of any park we have visited. It makes little man’s day that they all remember his name and will often go out they way to say hello even if little man is on a ride or dusty is on a ride too. I do think that sir topemhat is one of the best the park have ever had. He totally embodies the role and sounds like the version we grew up with which is always a bonus. It also makes little man day that sir topemhat enjoys having a race with rusty and dusty using their brushes as a starting line.

The rapids is always a good chance to have a sit down and enjoy quality time as a family. The staff certainly have fun which is great to see! When we was loading , all of the staff on the ride at the time was singing high school musical which lil man found hilarious. We stayed seated on the raft and got to go around twice due to how quiet it was though the ride ended up breaking down whilst we was on it. The lad with the microphone at the end just before the lift hill was fantastic. He kept everyone entertained and had boats doing the Mexican wave. We was only stuck for about 15 minutes but staff kept you updated and informed the whole way and ensured to keep little ones entertained as well as us big kids.

At the end of the day Little man lost his jacket which he had become very upset over. (No big deal for us though) so we took a trip to customer services. The ladies comforted little man and made him feel better and after a half hour wait whilst maintenance staff searched , we was reunited with a jacket little man had hidden very well on the wave swinger.

I know the park always gets flak for their customer service in terms of no longer having a contact number and people often not being happy with response times and what not or even choices the park make but for us we couldn’t fault the park at all. It’s always clean , including the toilets. All the staff create memorable moments from the street entertainers to the ride ops or game hosts. Little man loves going because it feels like a home and whilst us big kids can be very judgemental I think we have to remember that in terms of children the park are fantastic and certainly number one for families with young children. We’ve never had the same experience visiting other attractions. The ground staff certainly are fantastic.

We visited the park on Sunday and I can’t praise the park enough in terms of memorable moments that the staff and entertainers create throughout the day.

Our day always starts off in customer services for our what seems like weekly measure and absolutely love both sammy and Teresa. Always so friendly and welcoming and no little thing is too small a job for them. They always go out there way to have a chat with little man and he absolutely looks forward to seeing them every time.

All ride ops were fantastic for the rides that we visited but I felt bad for the poor lad who had the job of standing at maelstrom gates all day to inform people it was closed.

The game stall staff made little man feel special. I refuse to pay the basket ball stand for a very short 7 year old but they always let him have a test shot. Little man rescued a run away ball and he ended up shooting all the balls at the hoops with fantastic interactions with the 3 staff members working on the stall.

We ended up paying for one game on the colourful ball throw where you have to try and get the ball to stay on the table and little man ended up winning 2 little prizes and a medium through one game which was fantastic.

Sir topemhat , rusty and dusty for us must be the best land entertainment of any park we have visited. It makes little man’s day that they all remember his name and will often go out they way to say hello even if little man is on a ride or dusty is on a ride too. I do think that sir topemhat is one of the best the park have ever had. He totally embodies the role and sounds like the version we grew up with which is always a bonus. It also makes little man day that sir topemhat enjoys having a race with rusty and dusty using their brushes as a starting line.

The rapids is always a good chance to have a sit down and enjoy quality time as a family. The staff certainly have fun which is great to see! When we was loading , all of the staff on the ride at the time was singing high school musical which lil man found hilarious. We stayed seated on the raft and got to go around twice due to how quiet it was though the ride ended up breaking down whilst we was on it. The lad with the microphone at the end just before the lift hill was fantastic. He kept everyone entertained and had boats doing the Mexican wave. We was only stuck for about 15 minutes but staff kept you updated and informed the whole way and ensured to keep little ones entertained as well as us big kids.

At the end of the day Little man lost his jacket which he had become very upset over. (No big deal for us though) so we took a trip to customer services. The ladies comforted little man and made him feel better and after a half hour wait whilst maintenance staff searched , we was reunited with a jacket little man had hidden very well on the wave swinger.

I know the park always gets flak for their customer service in terms of no longer having a contact number and people often not being happy with response times and what not or even choices the park make but for us we couldn’t fault the park at all. It’s always clean , including the toilets. All the staff create memorable moments from the street entertainers to the ride ops or game hosts. Little man loves going because it feels like a home and whilst us big kids can be very judgemental I think we have to remember that in terms of children the park are fantastic and certainly number one for families with young children. We’ve never had the same experience visiting other attractions. The ground staff certainly are fantastic.
Glad u had an excellent day. How busy was it on Sunday? Maelstrom broke when we went on it in the 17th it’s been having a lot of downtime lately and only really the major last thrill flat ride in the park but been 22 years old now I wonder if it will see it’s 30th

Glad u had an excellent day. How busy was it on Sunday? Maelstrom broke when we went on it in the 17th it’s been having a lot of downtime lately and only really the major last thrill flat ride in the park but been 22 years old now I wonder if it will see it’s 30th
It wasn’t too busy , the park staff was struggling a little as it seemed you had a whole settlement of Irish gypsies on site , a few of them causing trouble but other than that it was a very quietish day. We didn’t do frontier falls so not sure on what the que for haunting was like but elsewhere the longest que was for Loki which was 25 mins.

This is an absolutely lovely read the team on park really are fantastic in every way.

Just had a survey which was interesting. Lots of questions about food prices, parking perks (paid for express parking) and “compared to Chessington how would you rate the following” style questions

I’ve done the survey and I thought it was interesting that they left out the safari park. I quite like that they was asking questions about food prices and what we thought is overly expensive. I can’t say I’ve ever had a survey like this before from elsewhere.

Yep, picked up this survey this afternoon and completed it. There was one question which was unclear and one which asked about an age group we hadnt included. Im sure some folks on this forum would help them with the beta testing ahead of release.

Thought it was interesting that on the food it focussed purely on the price. We were asked about hotdogs, I think that there is a massive difference between a footlong bratwurst and tinned tiddler.

Yep, picked up this survey this afternoon and completed it. There was one question which was unclear and one which asked about an age group we hadnt included. Im sure some folks on this forum would help them with the beta testing ahead of release.

Thought it was interesting that on the food it focussed purely on the price. We were asked about hotdogs, I think that there is a massive difference between a footlong bratwurst and tinned tiddler.
Hm. My questions were about cheeseburgers

I just did a similar survey for the Safari Park (I had onion rings and capri sun to answer!). But definitely focussed on price.

Given the cost of the Merlin Pass, there’s probably not much room to increase the DM pass cost. Unless they want to take an approach similar to Paultons Park, where the price is high to ensure that passholders don’t take over.

I would pay more if some other places (even smaller attractions) was included. Be good for some of the smaller players in the market to band together

Back