2024: General Discussion

Just completed survey too! Some interesting questions that do seem somewhat like they are looking at increasing prices!

The car parking one got me, especially the idea of priority parking (another way the Merlin parks try to make theme parking elitist for the rich). This would not only be a bad move by the park but I also feel it unnecessary! We usually use the big car park opposite Vikings in the main season (obviously this is the only car park they use in winter). It gives good access & rarely has many cars on there. Be really annoying to see it made priority!

Just done teh survey and balked at teh prices they proposed for tickets. the priority parking would probably be that bit that is currently for zoo only by the main entrance.

I really hope they aren't looking at raising prices :(
I would be put off renewing if that was the case. To me, it works as it is.

Priority parking seems really silly for a park of the size.
I kinda get it at Alton Towers but not for Drayton. Its an unnecessary thought really.

Update,
I have now completed the survey

Did anyone else find the questions really odd when they were like "What is too cheap a price that you would start to question the product quality"
That one just felt really odd to ask... Naturally, the cheaper the price the better if you ask me.

The food ones were a bit...unusual. Like, asking you about certain food examples but not actually providing size/amount info.
Hard to talk about hotdogs when you don't know if its a footlong or not...
And hard to talk mozerella sticks - are you getting 2 or 12 in a box?

Very very strange survey.

I guess too cheap you end up swamped queues like at Merlin parks because everyone has a £69 annual pass (bought in the regular sales) its a no brainer when it includes 4 theme parks plus all the small attractions. So something like £99 is more reasonable as I feel Merlin have cheapened their product and it shows in quality in places.

I guess too cheap you end up swamped queues like at Merlin parks because everyone has a £69 annual pass (bought in the regular sales) its a no brainer when it includes 4 theme parks plus all the small attractions. So something like £99 is more reasonable as I feel Merlin have cheapened their product and it shows in quality in places.
I guess so - but it was more an odd question when asked about the food ^^'

Yes. The entire thing was oddly worded.
Gonna tackle the WMSP one later and assume it’s the same
Let us know :D I feel like it will be identical with a WMSP feel to it.

It’s similar but I had different food to talk about. And I was comparing WMSP to Chester zoo - which isn’t quite a fair comparison!

It’s similar but I had different food to talk about. And I was comparing WMSP to Chester zoo - which isn’t quite a fair comparison!
The comparisons they've chosen really do seem unfair to me.

CWOA and Drayton are two very different parks, just like how WMSP is different to Chester.

I think it's hard to compare. The manor is unique. No real thrill rides now so family thrill so nearest is paultons park. However there is no real zoo. It needs to maintain it's usp and therefore the only thing is to compare to it's target demographic which will include Legoland and Chessington. Other parks such as lightwater target more under 12 so need to focus on Thomas land and family thrill. Maelstrom and stormforce are nearest to being thrill rides.

£25 friends and family are now available to all pass holders. No limit. And no vouchers required.
When reserving an annual pass visit there’s the option to add £25 F&F tickets

Had a good few hours in the park earlier - great operations and not too busy.

Good to see new cowboy characters out and about - although seeing the same actors dressed as Vikings 20 minutes later breaks the mystique for children a bit.

Sheriff showdown has had some more work done - some new characters and targets - one one of the guns even made proper gun noises! No smoke on Blasting barrels though.

Also new meal deals in the pizza restaurant - a pizza and 2 drinks was about £15 with a pass which felt good value.

No sign of the Wave testing , and Stormforce 10 was turned on for about 20 minutes with a couple of the maintenance team at the top.

New Signage going in on the right hand side of the entrance driveway
F5D3D48C-AC22-4C5E-B1DE-26F40A0390B2.jpeg
1B8CED48-296A-4C58-8434-F928D1289C8A.jpeg

I wonder what they testing on the lake
DD373DF8-F3ED-4A3B-B27A-CE40750A2F6F.jpeg

The storm knocked some more trees down
B201B739-CB43-44F2-AE58-E7C2C551BB4E.jpeg

The new lockers are active and this is the price
6BFC43DF-2251-46D1-BB4C-12C6409A7046.jpeg

Attachments

• 400D35DA-5B5E-488E-A6FF-63375D2B5110.jpeg
    400D35DA-5B5E-488E-A6FF-63375D2B5110.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Had a good few hours in the park earlier - great operations and not too busy.

Good to see new cowboy characters out and about - although seeing the same actors dressed as Vikings 20 minutes later breaks the mystique for children a bit.

Sheriff showdown has had some more work done - some new characters and targets - one one of the guns even made proper gun noises! No smoke on Blasting barrels though.

Also new meal deals in the pizza restaurant - a pizza and 2 drinks was about £15 with a pass which felt good value.

No sign of the Wave testing , and Stormforce 10 was turned on for about 20 minutes with a couple of the maintenance team at the top.

To fix the characters changing from each area type - could go round saying they're timetravellers maybe :D
But I agree, that is a bit of an impact on the magic.

Them members of staff have so much work to do. Yesterday the bloke with the Beard and glasses in the 4 hours we were there was a Viking, Cowboy and at the end as a ring master.
Really do think the entertainment was poor yesterday for an Easter event.
Like they ain’t even announced the dates for the other events yet.

So little man has had to write his very own subject….. any topic is fair game and this is what I’ve been very surprised with. He’s done cover art for a story based on the wave he’s even mentioned the haunting and blasting barrels. I thought I would share this original piece of art.

Attachments

• D72D588E-B4D6-494B-B0E8-B550A2C42CB2.jpeg
    D72D588E-B4D6-494B-B0E8-B550A2C42CB2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Back