2024 February Half Term - Dinosaur Breakout

Elise

Team Member
Team Member
As we discussed earlier on other threads, Dinosaur Breakout is back for 2024!

This event will take place over the February Half Term with a similar setup to last year;

Thomas Land rides are open for this event in 2024.

Will you be stomping your feet like a Dino during half term this year?

For a look at last year, check out the latest video (I even tried to do a voice over this time!)
- https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGejtLpG9/

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can get photos with the dinosaurs when theyre walking around and pay for them like you do for the rides on the photos?

cheers

Does anyone know if you can get photos with the dinosaurs when theyre walking around and pay for them like you do for the rides on the photos?

cheers
You can take photos on your phone but there was also the park photographer there last year who would also take photos which you could pay for :)

Last year we asked the dinosaur handler or a parent to take a photo for us on our phone but the photographer also gave us a photo card too so you get both options.

Yep, the way it worked last year there would be set reveals and story development at various scheduled times. the Tyranosaurus appeared out of a tent by the entrance to Thomas Land. The Triceratops came out of the photo display shed at Accelerator, the spinosaurus came out of the building that has since become the Vikings shop. The brontosaurus came out of the "santa experience entrance" by the zoo entry.

After each there was a line up to get your photo taken with the dino in question. As Elise said this could be a pro one or one on your own phone.

There was also a veloceraptor show in the theatre / cinema where the chance for a photo after too.

It was a great event last year.

One thing I would add is the time slots for the meet & greets are not particularly long and they do get quite popular so definitely get to the spots early to avoid missing out
:)

They run a few a day.

(Based on last year)

Yep, the way it worked last year there would be set reveals and story development at various scheduled times. the Tyranosaurus appeared out of a tent by the entrance to Thomas Land. The Triceratops came out of the photo display shed at Accelerator, the spinosaurus came out of the building that has since become the Vikings shop. The brontosaurus came out of the "santa experience entrance" by the zoo entry.

After each there was a line up to get your photo taken with the dino in question. As Elise said this could be a pro one or one on your own phone.

There was also a veloceraptor show in the theatre / cinema where the chance for a photo after too.

It was a great event last year.
thankyou for the helpful info

Can’t 100% confirm this but don’t think the Raptor training school is coming back this year unless it be on the little stage by Accelerator as the 4D cinema is currently been worked out the front which is the other reason Accelerator isn’t open for the event.

Can’t 100% confirm this but don’t think the Raptor training school is coming back this year unless it be on the little stage by Accelerator as the 4D cinema is currently been worked out the front which is the other reason Accelerator isn’t open for the event.
Unless they let people enter via the exit maybe

It was a pretty good show so I hope they find a way to put it on again this time

Unless they let people enter via the exit maybe

It was a pretty good show so I hope they find a way to put it on again this time
I think it all depends on if inside of the building ie queue line, pre show and exit is also been themed to look western theme and they could be removing the 4D elements of the ride if it’s gonna be a theatre instead.

I think it all depends on if inside of the building ie queue line, pre show and exit is also been themed to look western theme and they could be removing the 4D elements of the ride if it’s gonna be a theatre instead.
Is there any news about the nature or the (re)development? There is nothing to say you can't keep interactive 4D elements in the theatre environment. Could be quite cool if done effectively.

if the amends are more cosmetic rather than structural they could get it done pretty quickly.

I don't think they'd remove the 4D elements (Especially as they worked well in Rory's Halloween show) - I think they're more just going to remodel the outside.

Back to the raptor show - they do need a off-show area for the raptor show as the first part of the show last time used the idea of the raptor hiding ^^.

I'm not sure where else they could do the show either as they need a bit of space for the dinos....
So if not in the theater, maybe they won't do it this time.
(Unless they used that area near the rapids and used the one path down the side as an off show area for them maybe)

I don't think they'd remove the 4D elements (Especially as they worked well in Rory's Halloween show) - I think they're more just going to remodel the outside.

Back to the raptor show - they do need a off-show area for the raptor show as the first part of the show last time used the idea of the raptor hiding ^^.

I'm not sure where else they could do the show either as they need a bit of space for the dinos....
So if not in the theater, maybe they won't do it this time.
(Unless they used that area near the rapids and used the one path down the side as an off show area for them maybe)
Is there any potential to script a show for the balcony where The FC and Rusty and Dusty work? It does look fairly tight for space up there though.

Buy given the time of year I can't think that they'd be looking to script an outdoor show. One of the nice things about it was you could get inside and sit down for 20 minutes or so.

Is there any potential to script a show for the balcony where The FC and Rusty and Dusty work? It does look fairly tight for space up there though.

Buy given the time of year I can't think that they'd be looking to script an outdoor show. One of the nice things about it was you could get inside and sit down for 20 minutes or so.
The dinos wouldn't fit up there (apart from the babies) and they wouldn't have them over there as they would need to stick to the Thomas Land IP.
But, a dino show ft Rusty & Dusty would be fun for sure.

I reckon if Raptor Training returns, itll be in the theater again but the entrance may be re-routed due to ongoing construction.

They did the Rory show outdoors during the event last time but it was on that older stage which was more over by the carousel (as it was before the stage under accelerator was put up)

they did that parade last year but it was a bit chaotic and not very... parade-like?

they did that parade last year but it was a bit chaotic and not very... parade-like?
Well, it was the culmination of the story wasn't it? But it was a bit awkward as it presumed that the folks knew the story that had been told in the other events. The parade also sort of suffered from the fact that with so many event staff covering so many different roles and parts it meant that the parade wasn't that long and depended on people joining it to make it quite big.

That in itself was quite good fun in its own way I reckon for those that were part of it.

The biggest issue I saw was that one of the "pantomime dinosaur" operators overbalanced and fell and they couldn't really get up again. They obviously couldn't push down with their hands as they were inside the costume and the legs were so thick with the "trousers" that they couldn't raise their legs from their knees to get leverage. The resulting bottleneck and tailback would have made the M42 blush!

I think its a matter that the park could improve on generally on the events is that level of comms and visibility of the various shows and if there is any links between them all.

WIth the new display screens like the one outside of guest services this can improve now. It may be good if they gave primacy to "Next Show" with time and location or even a count down clock. At the Christmas show it took a long time for all the screens to scroll round.

Or even if there was a big QR Code on entrance so you can keep a webpage with all the in park info on your phone for easy reference.

Well, it was the culmination of the story wasn't it? But it was a bit awkward as it presumed that the folks knew the story that had been told in the other events. The parade also sort of suffered from the fact that with so many event staff covering so many different roles and parts it meant that the parade wasn't that long and depended on people joining it to make it quite big.

That in itself was quite good fun in its own way I reckon for those that were part of it.

The biggest issue I saw was that one of the "pantomime dinosaur" operators overbalanced and fell and they couldn't really get up again. They obviously couldn't push down with their hands as they were inside the costume and the legs were so thick with the "trousers" that they couldn't raise their legs from their knees to get leverage. The resulting bottleneck and tailback would have made the M42 blush!

I think its a matter that the park could improve on generally on the events is that level of comms and visibility of the various shows and if there is any links between them all.

WIth the new display screens like the one outside of guest services this can improve now. It may be good if they gave primacy to "Next Show" with time and location or even a count down clock. At the Christmas show it took a long time for all the screens to scroll round.

Or even if there was a big QR Code on entrance so you can keep a webpage with all the in park info on your phone for easy reference.
It felt like it was a bit random to me ^^' I was kinda expecting a "everyone stands at the sides and the dinosaurs walk past parade" instead of "everyone follow in a sort of conga style trail but without the conga element ^^' It was fun all the same but it was a bit crazy.

Oh no! The dinosaurs can be quite difficult to manouver due to the way they are built. Thats partly why I was concerned about all the people crowding around them - the dino's don't have a great deal of vision from all angles...

Agreed. There were times last year where show times changed and that couldn't be updated on the pre-made posters across the park.
A QR code is good - if the page is updated frequently.

Not directly related to this specific event but I think I may have some what of confirmation as to when all the events for this year will end up being announced.

I was offered a return visit over Christmas due to many people complaining about the Wishmas Express's reliability and waiting times and of course I decided to take it. I sent the park over a date for my booking but they said to wait until the events had all been announced for the full list of dates and times, which was the end of January. I know this might've been pretty obvious but thought I'd point it out anyway for confirmation.

Not directly related to this specific event but I think I may have some what of confirmation as to when all the events for this year will end up being announced.

I was offered a return visit over Christmas due to many people complaining about the Wishmas Express's reliability and waiting times and of course I decided to take it. I sent the park over a date for my booking but they said to wait until the events had all been announced for the full list of dates and times, which was the end of January. I know this might've been pretty obvious but thought I'd point it out anyway for confirmation.
Sounds like this would be best in:

:) looking forward to them that's for sure

Sounds like this would be best in:

:) looking forward to them that's for sure
Oh yes sorry I forgot we had that thread :ROFLMAO:

Back