2024 February Half Term - Dinosaur Breakout

It was flooded on the coleshill road, just a short distance from the park. Hopefully flooding will have eased by tomorrow. We are planning to go next saturday.

Entertainment schedule on Tap app. Looks like theatre will be open

View attachment 5543
Ooh new dinosaurs! Excellent to see a bit of variety in the ones you can meet :)

Park..? I assume this is referring to Spencers Outdoor Adventure Play maybe?
Thats the only vague one on the list... (But if there, the Dilophosaurus has a lot of ground to travel as they have 2 spaces where they're meeting) - Will work that one out tomorrow and update

Yeah I thought Accelerator was off for this one - may have been a last minute change of mind (or an error on the map. I know at one point it was only thomas land advertised for the event with rides outside being added later... )

I wouldn’t be surprised if tomorrow wasn’t cancelled due to the flooding today.
No messages so far - so fingers crossed! But I will find out :D

There is flooding nearby to the park. I'm not aware of any flooding on site. But saying that it may have cleared by tomorrow anyway. Flooding nearby is not extreme, seen it worse in the past.

On rides, they have updated the website to say the following are closed.

The following rides will be closed during Dinsoaur Breakout:

• Stormforce 10, River Rapids, Thor, Loki, Accelerator, Maelstrom, Jormungandr, Air Race, Drunken Barrels, Flying Dutchman, Tidal Towers, Sheriff Showdown, Dodgems Ahoy, Sleipnir, Wave Swinger, The Haunting, Polperro Express
Therefore it looks as though accelerator will be closed. I think it is a map error or carried over from other events.

I am sort of asking to be corrected here, but I was under the impression that when the event was first announced it included yesterday and today. That obvs has disappeared but Mon and Tue at the end of next week have been added. With the weather this may have been fortuitous....or I was just mistaken.

I am sort of asking to be corrected here, but I was under the impression that when the event was first announced it included yesterday and today. That obvs has disappeared but Mon and Tue at the end of next week have been added. With the weather this may have been fortuitous....or I was just mistaken.
As far as I've known, the start has always been the 10th for this one ^^`

That's what my notes have too (from when I do the posts)

As far as I've known, the start has always been the 10th for this one ^^`

That's what my notes have too (from when I do the posts)
I aksed to be corrected and I have been! thank you!

The only reason why I thought it may have been tagged the other way was that there was the possibility of sneaking there after school today, after school clubs rule that out for Monday and Tuesday of the following week.

Accelerator was open today I believe.
Yes . Was closed at mid day (and wasn’t expecting it to open, as it’s not advertised) and with TT down in Thomas land .. sad times.

As we slowly made our way towards the stage for the end of the day show… it’s open. Daughter was giddy happy.

Walk on, lapped it for 30 mins. Very happy child

Otherwise the event was really good.
We went with our 4 and 6 year old and they loved it. The shows (who doesn’t love a twerking raptor!) were humorous and perfect in length. Roaming dinosaurs were fun.
We gave it a 7/10.
The easy thing they could improve would be to bring the dinosaurs into Thomas land (even just the small hand held ones) as , frankly, most kids are isolated in there and without being dragged around would have no idea any event was going on.

How many rides did you manage to get? My record is 3 in a row (without getting off) and 9 total in one day.
We did 3 by re-queuing each time .. but with no one else joining (occasionally 2-4 others) they just let us stay on. We managed 9 runs in 30 mins

We did 3 by re-queuing each time .. but with no one else joining (occasionally 2-4 others) they just let us stay on. We managed 9 runs in 30 mins
Pretty impressive. If I were local and had an annual pass I’d dedicate a quiet September day to re-riding Accelerator over and over again until I (hopefully) beat the all-time record :ROFLMAO:

Accelerator was open today I believe.
As we walked in after opening you could see that there were crew inside accelerator. The shutters of the phot booth opened soon after which lead to some hopes. I spoke to the staff and they said that they would be looking to open later in the day but not to count on it. We saw that there was a guy on the stair way undertaking some work, at the time of the first Rory stage show there was some empty car runnings and then some with maintenance crew on. Then it went quiet and I sort of gave up hope. Then around 3 o'clock we saw that it was running.

(For reference a couple of trips at then end of the school day saw us do four straight rides....but then I had to get off... it was getting queasy on the backward trips)

Anyway onto the Breakout event which we took in earlier. Wonderful day. A little bit of planning and a quiet park meant that you could do all the dinos on their first trip out

The poster suggests that the their are four entrance points for the dinos but you can cover them quite easily from two set spots. The Triceratops and Ankylosaurus can be seen early by peering into the castle complex from by the parked land rover outside safari pasta & pizza.

The T-Rex (smaller than last year or my memory may be playing tricks) and the Dilophosaurus come out by the castle bar. You can get quite a good view of them coming out.

We did the raptor show twice (first and last of the day), Ranger Vicky did a great job as usual, improvising well with the carnage that is Echo. The Dino Show on the main stage (stomp around like a dino, claw the air like a dino, spin around like a dino....ROOOOaaaaarrrrrr) was engaging and drew decent size crowds.

With the crowds being relatively small and the ride offering being quick restricted I think that a fair few folks disappeared before the Dino Disco and Danceoff which is a little bit of a shame as it was a decent finale.

This was very much an event lead day. And the folks leading the event did a great job. Little lad loves dinos and he really enjoyed himself. The dinos are remarkably expressive, the reactions of all the kids were funny.

Couple of aspects that could improve the event...I was surprised there wasn't more on offer in terms of food. Yes you'd expect the Vikings booth to be closed, and the Fish and Chips maybe too, but Safari Pasta and Pizza? Didn't see if the burger place was open. I had to return to Fun Foods for a refill of the reusable cup.

Also maybe a kind of treasure hunt like is used in some events here would have lengthened the day and engagement. Maybe taking things into the zoo and using the dino trail there as well can bring some more use of the space. I don't know if it is just my perspective given the top zone was closed for most of last year but it still felt it may be open at some point. The move of Terrance back to Thomas land (and the machine works adding the things not actually open) seems to have just left that top area bereft. With a trail that leads from the station up there it gives a purpose to that part of the park.

Pretty much mirror what has already been said with my thoughts on the event so i'll be brief.

I absoloutely loved this event as a dinosaur fan - its great fun with some fantastic dinosaurs. The shows are brilliant and Rorys Dino Disco was a much better finale than the Parade from the previous year. The Dino team are amazing with brilliant dinosaurs and the rangers are 10/10 so much fun.

The ride lineup is very limited - but personally I found the dinosaurs & shows kept me busy enough (But then again, I don't have a child & was getting a lot of content so my circumstances are a bit different)

Was surprised by the lack of food outlets - Was kinda hoping for a pizza :(

Definitely think Dino trail activity trail or something would be a good idea - its an ideal area for this event... but not used for it. I would have loved a little trail to get a sticker :D
Dino trail is there, they should use it for this

I've seen on facebook people posting that Accelerator is open today with Troublesome trucks being closed. Iassume it is a replacement ride in the offering.
Both coasters were on the event map so I feel like they want to have both open but due to maintenance were not fully sure on if they could (but best to have them on map anyway)

Should see both up in the next few days if all goes well im guessing

We are returning back to park on Sunday, I’d be interested to know what was your one memorable take away from the event ? Ours was one little man got to hold the fish in the Dino training and faced down with echo.

Sadly. While the event was good. It’s the look on my 4 year olds face when accelerator surprisingly opened at 3:30

Back