The Wave (formerly known as Shockwave)

I assume the station exterior will remain the same, with just the interior getting a revamp. This has been much needed for many years, I thought it would have been done when Adventure Cove was installed but I guess it wasn’t for budget reasons.

The new train will definitely be interesting. The track layout isn’t exactly anything special. I’d have loved for them to extend it somehow but that would likely be way out of their budget.

NOOO I'M SO SAD WHY DRAYTON
Because they want to turn it into a sit down Rollercoaster which means the height restriction can go down and it'll appeal to a wider audience.

Unfortunately shockwave as it is, doesn't fit the current model in mind for the park so it's changing. At least the ride will remain in some form.

Because they want to turn it into a sit down Rollercoaster which means the height restriction can go down and it'll appeal to a wider audience.

Unfortunately shockwave as it is, doesn't fit the current model in mind for the park so it's changing. At least the ride will remain in some form.
It's still sad tho :(

Personally I welcome it - but I don't really enjoy Shockwave I find it uncomfortable to ride.

Stuck on the lift hill
49E27B13-0A72-4917-BB28-AFF21A87CD9F.jpeg

I don't know if this is true but someone was told at guest services that its a major fault (hence why it has just been left on the lift hill since Saturday) and because its only got a week to run until they replace the train they may decide not to fix it which would mean cancelling the Shockwave Last Stand event and Shockwave may have already had its Last Stand.

I don't know if this is true but someone was told at guest services that its a major fault (hence why it has just been left on the lift hill since Saturday) and because its only got a week to run until they replace the train they may decide not to fix it which would mean cancelling the Shockwave Last Stand event and Shockwave may have already had its Last Stand.
Logically it makes sense as if it’s going to be a major fault and need parts replacing their would be no point due to it only having a week left in operation.

It could be that problem with the lift hill chain or a sensor. It could be if it needs a part could be today they ordered it and depends if it’s made to order.
I be gutted if it doesn’t reopen as I remember going on it back in 1994 before I went on Nemeses in the summer holidays.

They could still do some sort of event... but without the actual ride part.
Defeats the point I know, but something could still be possible (though I doubt it will go ahead if the ride doesn't reopen)

Back