Sheriff's Showdown

I don't think Sheriff's Showdown would have withstood much flood damage, being inside, the only bits that could've been ruined is the turret at the front?

On another note, I've been looking at Facebook and it looks like "Victor Creations", who did the new figure on Haunting, and a car refreshment on Sheriff's Showdown, is back on site doing refreshments to the theming!

89123397_1583207578493074_4555742935525621760_o.jpg

The above is one of the skeletons from the mine shaft after refurbishment (which makes it look so much fresher and realistic), if you look carefully it seems to have beads and jewels inside of the body, didn't the Pirate Adventure finale skeletons have beads wrapped around them? Could this mean that they are from Pirate Adventure?

88996802_1582482951898870_5218387571037437952_o.jpg
88257402_1582483185232180_1591008258993160192_o.jpg

The before and after of the lady from the barrel at the end of the ride, she has long been broken, hitting her face from the barrel as she rises, this looks like it has done some damage. It looks much better and fresher now, another improvement to a great and popular interactive dark ride.

89238825_1582235511923614_1964332477128376320_o.jpg

Above is the vulture above the exit from the ride, this looks much fresher and cleaner, another great job.

87831837_1578890048924827_8532837013299134464_o.jpg

The above has been an issue for me, the wanted posters looked out of place as they were clearly just printouts, the raging and fitting-in work done here is great, it looks much more cohesive with the rest of the ride, a massive improvement on what was a very weak spot.

It's great to see Drayton Manor having experts in to maintain their theming, this is something that obviously was not done on rides like Pirate Adventure, so I'm glad to see that they have learnt their lesson and are completing regular maintenance. These small refreshments help enhance the overall ride experience.

Indeed, well said Anth0ny
You'll notice his work goes beyond simple paintwork. Using adaptable materials like Jesmonite, he has in some instances redesigned the facial shapes and general proportions of props and figures that he has restored.
Those of you with keen eyes will remember that the lady in the barrel was originally the screaming lady in the hotel window back in Golden Nuggets. She was the highest scoring target out of all of them back when the older target system was used. The barrel itself used to have a female bandit inside who when shot would yell out "ouchy wahwah". She was removed in 2017 alongside all the Boothill Bob and Plum Loco Louis figures. Golden Nuggets, despite being the sponsor for the Wild West Shootout ride, didn't feature that heavily within the ride, but was a popular choice of branding nonetheless. The ride opened a year after the cereal had relaunched for the first time since the 1970s, so was capitalizing on the popular surge of the brand. In fact, a year after the ride opened, it featured on the back of one of the cereal boxes which I found on an old website.
1583368394455.png

A lot unfortunately seems out of place within Sheriffs Showdown as a whole. The mine area seems desolate and barren and is nothing on the vibrant detail that the barn scene had before it. New music really needs to happen too.

I don't think Sheriff's Showdown would have withstood much flood damage, being inside, the only bits that could've been ruined is the turret at the front?

On another note, I've been looking at Facebook and it looks like "Victor Creations", who did the new figure on Haunting, and a car refreshment on Sheriff's Showdown, is back on site doing refreshments to the theming!

View attachment 1347
The above is one of the skeletons from the mine shaft after refurbishment (which makes it look so much fresher and realistic), if you look carefully it seems to have beads and jewels inside of the body, didn't the Pirate Adventure finale skeletons have beads wrapped around them? Could this mean that they are from Pirate Adventure?

View attachment 1348View attachment 1349
The before and after of the lady from the barrel at the end of the ride, she has long been broken, hitting her face from the barrel as she rises, this looks like it has done some damage. It looks much better and fresher now, another improvement to a great and popular interactive dark ride.

View attachment 1350
Above is the vulture above the exit from the ride, this looks much fresher and cleaner, another great job.

View attachment 1351
The above has been an issue for me, the wanted posters looked out of place as they were clearly just printouts, the raging and fitting-in work done here is great, it looks much more cohesive with the rest of the ride, a massive improvement on what was a very weak spot.

It's great to see Drayton Manor having experts in to maintain their theming, this is something that obviously was not done on rides like Pirate Adventure, so I'm glad to see that they have learnt their lesson and are completing regular maintenance. These small refreshments help enhance the overall ride experience.
This work is amazing and I'm glad Drayton did it. Maybe now all it needs is to make it a tiny bit darker!!

This work is amazing and I'm glad Drayton did it. Maybe now all it needs is to make it a tiny bit darker!!
I completely agree with this. The star cloth definitely needs to be turned down, or turn some of the LEDs off. I would also love to see the mineshaft have some work done to it.

A nice addition would be if the cowboys shot back at the car losing points if they hit you before you hit them.
This used to happen with Golden Nuggets, I purchased one of the instruction boards from the queueline at the auction and it states that this happens.

It’s always nice to see theses little things done to the rides but on paper it goes to show that since the Thomasland extension In 2015 there only added 1 new attraction since then and a new 4D movie.

I completely agree with this. The star cloth definitely needs to be turned down, or turn some of the LEDs off. I would also love to see the mineshaft have some work done to it.

This used to happen with Golden Nuggets, I purchased one of the instruction boards from the queueline at the auction and it states that this happens.
I didn’t realise that and I went on golden nuggets countless times! I think duel does it at towers too.

It looks like the whole roof been replaced as they removed the theming on the right hand side. If they get the roof finished then they can do the rest while the ride is open.

It has had a whole new roof and they hope it will open on a Saturday.
D2041CAD-2F51-480A-8E4C-79EF480AEDD5.jpeg
1227FDB8-E6F2-47A8-8160-237C445CA1A2.jpeg
C26FCC3A-55BF-4624-97EF-8807A6823377.jpeg

The scaffolding isn’t in the main queue line so as long as they block that bit off for guests I can’t see why it can’t reopen.

Back