G-Force

All the fencing has been removed from around the ride with the supports started to be dug out.
35EF4CEC-8563-465D-BA6E-C2561B4F6AEC.jpeg

Also the supports have started to be numbered
60AC5227-2867-4BC6-93B0-4A4CF9F50F69.jpeg

I think it’s gonna start to be removed in Jan and by the time Feb Half term will be all gone.

I could see a splash park going there, they seem very popular in the summer at places like paultons park. Also drayton had sprinklers everywhere in the summer and was a great way to cool down around the park. Maybe the sprinklers were there market research. ?

Looking at the fact that they've numbered the supports and seem to be taking their time in removal, rather than just demolishing, I would take that as confirmation that G Force has been sold to another park - who would buy it I am not quite sure.

I would say that they have time to remove it over the winter, but I don't see them putting anything back in its place ready for the main season as the land would need a lot of treatment given how deep I imagine the concrete foundations for G Force are. It wouldn't surprise me if the area is cordoned off for the 2020 season, and given the rumours of Shockwave, when this and presumably Splash Canyon are removed they have something big replace the three of them. Access to Shockwave and Air Race would just be restricted to near Stormforce for the 2020 Season?

Looking at the fact that they've numbered the supports and seem to be taking their time in removal, rather than just demolishing, I would take that as confirmation that G Force has been sold to another park - who would buy it I am not quite sure.

I would say that they have time to remove it over the winter, but I don't see them putting anything back in its place ready for the main season as the land would need a lot of treatment given how deep I imagine the concrete foundations for G Force are. It wouldn't surprise me if the area is cordoned off for the 2020 season, and given the rumours of Shockwave, when this and presumably Splash Canyon are removed they have something big replace the three of them. Access to Shockwave and Air Race would just be restricted to near Stormforce for the 2020 Season?
It definitely looks like they’re dismantling it carefully rather than for scrap. I wonder where it’s going. I can’t think what parks would want it in this country so I wonder if it will go abroad?

ASP Consulting, who have used as consultants for most major projects since 194 have released images of the demolition of G Force.

ASP are responsible for consultancy on rides such as Apocalypse, G Force, Stormforce 10, Maelstrom and Shockwave.

IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG

It will be interesting to see what the area occupied by G-Force will look like once it has gone, as I doubt that anything (no matter how big or small) will be in it’s spot by opening day for this season. I’d expect the earliest anything will replace it is the summer, or maybe May Half Term.

It’ll also be interesting to see how the ride is demolished, because that will tell us if it’ll operate at another park in the future or not. I’d hope it has a future, but I doubt anywhere (especially in the UK) would want a ride that will need some major refurbishment done to it.

Nobody knows where it is going, but Themeparksandy1981's post definitely shows that it is being relocated - the park will likely be very careful in how they remove the ride, the labelled posts show that they are dismantling with a technique so it can be reused elsewhere, rather than just being demolished.

The footprint of G Force compared to some coasters is not especially massive, it wasn't a long layout anyway and it was extremely compact. In terms of land taken up on the ground, there seemed to be raised sections where the majority of supports fell, I think these areas will simply be resurfaced and the land left for future development. Maybe they could add some entertainment for 2020 and re-invest in 2021, a worthwhile replacement will take more than a couple of months to replace.

With the rumours surfacing around Shockwave and Apocalypse, they could be looking at even more land for an even bigger investment?

It’s definitely going to be bare in that area if they don’t replace it with something. If they don’t do a good pr job on why and what’s replacing it people will think the park is going down the pan. Recently it seems every closed season another ride goes.

I think it’s been on the cards for a while and that’s why the chair lift was removed also as if they move the chicken Diner also that has really opened up a lot of land.

I think it’s been on the cards for a while and that’s why the chair lift was removed also as if they move the chicken Diner also that has really opened up a lot of land.
Let’s hope so. As I understood it the chair lift was at its end of life. It’s going to look strange though without g force in the Drayton skyline.

If it is a beach area with water and a few flat rides they could be open for Easter. As the park not open again for another 4 weeks and by then the coaster will be removed and then it’s another 7 or 8 weeks to the main season starts so the flats could easily be open in 3 months time.

If it is a beach area with water and a few flat rides they could be open for Easter. As the park not open again for another 4 weeks and by then the coaster will be removed and then it’s another 7 or 8 weeks to the main season starts so the flats could easily be open in 3 months time.
Fingers crossed, I don’t think a massive roped off area with a coaster missing would look good to visitors.

Was just thinking them boat raft rides you go down with 4 in a row would be good replacement as they could reuse G forces station and queue line. It wouldn’t cost a lot to build as well.

Back