G-Force

I’m surprised at how much has already been removed, considering most of the ride was still standing two weeks ago. With this, it looks like they are pushing for something to replace it this season, most likely the new beach area that was (unintentionally) mentioned in an article with someone from the park. I’d expect the whole ride to be gone by the end of the month, with it’s replacement potentially opening early in the season (around April Half Term I’d say).

As much as we’d all like a new coaster on the site, I don’t see it happening for a few years. A beach to me seems temporary (although it fits the Fisherman’s Wharf theme very well, better than G Force and it’s little to no theming). And when they have the money, a new ride will take it’s spot.

At one point on Millennium at Fantasy Island, it passes underneath a beach created by the park a few years back. This makes me wonder, this beach that’s supposedly coming to Drayton this year could be the start of something. The beach would be large (if it took up the whole G Force and Cable Cars station site), meaning there could be room for coaster supports, and a Vekoma ‘Suspended Family Coaster’ would fit perfectly going over the area and even the lake! What do you think?

I’m surprised at how much has already been removed, considering most of the ride was still standing two weeks ago. With this, it looks like they are pushing for something to replace it this season, most likely the new beach area that was (unintentionally) mentioned in an article with someone from the park. I’d expect the whole ride to be gone by the end of the month, with it’s replacement potentially opening early in the season (around April Half Term I’d say).

As much as we’d all like a new coaster on the site, I don’t see it happening for a few years. A beach to me seems temporary (although it fits the Fisherman’s Wharf theme very well, better than G Force and it’s little to no theming). And when they have the money, a new ride will take it’s spot.

At one point on Millennium at Fantasy Island, it passes underneath a beach created by the park a few years back. This makes me wonder, this beach that’s supposedly coming to Drayton this year could be the start of something. The beach would be large (if it took up the whole G Force and Cable Cars station site), meaning there could be room for coaster supports, and a Vekoma ‘Suspended Family Coaster’ would fit perfectly going over the area and even the lake! What do you think?
You're right, a lot has been removed, but given its small form factor and the size of the contractor involved, I suppose that isn't surprising. I did see the article about the beach area, which looks good, I feel a themed area that is not an IP would do the park well and be popular with families. The beach would also work well with Shockwave, Maelstrom, Stormforce 10 and The Bounty - it could provide the merger of Fisherman's Wharf and Pirate Cove which has been long needed.

It would also show the park that they do not need to invest in Thomas for an investment to be successful, I feel the Park are in the mentality that safe investments are best, but there is only so much you can add to Thomas Land before the rest of the park starts craving an addition... Most of the parks successful investments outside of Thomas Land have been ambitious, think G Force, Apocalypse, Shockwave, Stormforce 10, The Haunting, Pirate Adventure, Excalibur - all pioneering in some way, surely the park need to go for something on the same scale or uniqueness of these rides to be successful, one thing Drayton always used to do is take risks and go for unusual investments, this seems to have stopped recently and is most definitely craved again. The park need just one successful ambitious investment to give them their confidence back, in my eyes.

Anything they put in the site of G Force at this point is going to be rushed, and fitting the unintentionally mentioned beach area would also be a rushed job now, given that we have only around 2 months before opening. I would much rather the park unveil what they are opening for 2021 next season, and build hype this way - Paultons park did this with their new area and it has worked a treat. I would much rather see the G Force site used for something temporary in 2020 with the promise of a quality themed, unique ride for 2021.

More and more of G Force has gone, within a matter of days. Drayton are not messing about with it’s removal, which to me seems like something (temporary for 2020 at least) is going to take it’s place. Wether it be the beach area, or just a large tarmac area, something must be coming this year, otherwise I doubt they would have pulled it down this quick.

It’s also interesting to see what the station looks like now, so I’m 99% sure that won’t be reused and will be knocked down in due course. Despite it being another removal to add to the list of rides Drayton Manor have got rid of/ left standing but not operating, it’s a very interesting thing to watch and I look forward to seeing how it develops over the next few years!

Wow that is coming down quickly. Wouldn’t be surprised if whoever gets it reuses the station again. Looks like they’re taking it apart carefully. Any word on who’s getting it? Is the manufacturer taking it back?

Wow that is coming down quickly. Wouldn’t be surprised if whoever gets it reuses the station again. Looks like they’re taking it apart carefully. Any word on who’s getting it? Is the manufacturer taking it back?
Train was sold a while ago. That’s all the info I know.

I think a temporary wild mouse or spinning coaster could go on that site.
They wouldn't get a temporary ride. They're not Fantasy Island.

A good ride for G-Force's spot would be a Zamperla Junior Twister Coaster - the same model as Twistosaurus at Flamingo Land. Perfect footprint size, low height requirement, 16 riders per train/4 per car, affordable. Obviously this coaster is not going to be world-class but it whatever will keep the little ones happy. I've argued for a RES Roller Ball to be in Chairlift's spot and that ride can be as low as £1.6m. RES Rollers are less than £2m and can come in multiple designs.

They wouldn't get a temporary ride. They're not Fantasy Island.

A good ride for G-Force's spot would be a Zamperla Junior Twister Coaster - the same model as Twistosaurus at Flamingo Land. Perfect footprint size, low height requirement, 16 riders per train/4 per car, affordable. Obviously this coaster is not going to be world-class but it whatever will keep the little ones happy. I've argued for a RES Roller Ball to be in Chairlift's spot and that ride can be as low as £1.6m. RES Rollers are less than £2m and can come in multiple designs.
I always thought something like spin ball whizzer would be good for Drayton. Not boring and not too extreme for young kids.

There has been some rumours in the past that Spinball Whizzer could be getting removed from Alton Towers to make for a CBeebies Land expansion. The ride looks like it’s in a good condition, so possibly Drayton could buy it and stick it where G Force was? A second hand coaster from a park not too far away isn’t ideal, but it would work with their target market, and with a new name and colour scheme it’ll be easy to market as “NEW”.

I’m not too sure how big of a land Spinball takes up, but if it did fit in okay where G Force was, it could be very successful. Plus, considering Drayton is now aiming to attract young children and their families, how many would actually realise/ care that it used to be at another park (it wouldn’t bother me as after all, a “creds a cred”).

On the other hand, Dragon’s Fury at Chessington is the same ride model as Spinball Whizzer, and is also owned by Merlin. So the most likely option is that it would be scrapped and parts used for Dragon’s Fury.

More and more of G Force has gone, within a matter of days. Drayton are not messing about with it’s removal, which to me seems like something (temporary for 2020 at least) is going to take it’s place. Wether it be the beach area, or just a large tarmac area, something must be coming this year, otherwise I doubt they would have pulled it down this quick.

It’s also interesting to see what the station looks like now, so I’m 99% sure that won’t be reused and will be knocked down in due course. Despite it being another removal to add to the list of rides Drayton Manor have got rid of/ left standing but not operating, it’s a very interesting thing to watch and I look forward to seeing how it develops over the next few years!
The speed at which they are dismantling G Force is impressive. You're right, I don't think they'll leave the G Force site completely unused, I imagine the whole of the former Action Park will be repaved, given the damage that the demolition will have done to this. I imagine that some form of temporary addition will be added for next season, I don't think it will be a ride - something like an outdoor cinema or a temporary stage for entertainments. Given that the park turns 70, maybe it could be a special lay over, it would justify them adding a temporary attraction.

You mention the beach area that was seemingly unintentionally released to BlooLoop - I actually think it's a great idea. Sure, the UK climate isn't well suited to a splash park, but a seaside themed area would be great. It would be the parks first themed area since Thomas Land, and would likely teach the park that they do not need to invest in an IP or Thomas Land for an investment to be successful. It would tie together Maelstrom and Stormforce 10 - luckily the colours of Shockwave lend itself well to an ocean themed area, as does Splash Canyon should it reopen with a retheme. They could be in contention for one of the best themed areas in the UK, with a good selection of thrill (Shockwave, Air Race and Maelstrom), Family (Stormforce 10, Splash Canyon) and Child (to be added to the G Force site) for a whole family area - not just small children. They could do this without buying all new rides, just some young children's rides and the cost of theming - they have the raw products. It'll also make Drayton more appealing for everyone, it doesn't alienate teens and coaster enthusiasts, and it keeps families interested - sounds good to me!

I actually think the station could be sent away with G Force, those metal style warehouse buildings are surprisingly easy to demolish without damage, and given that the G Force station and transfer track use the building, I can see it going with the coaster - the duplicate of G Force in Iran has an identical building I believe.

There has been some rumours in the past that Spinball Whizzer could be getting removed from Alton Towers to make for a CBeebies Land expansion. The ride looks like it’s in a good condition, so possibly Drayton could buy it and stick it where G Force was? A second hand coaster from a park not too far away isn’t ideal, but it would work with their target market, and with a new name and colour scheme it’ll be easy to market as “NEW”.

I’m not too sure how big of a land Spinball takes up, but if it did fit in okay where G Force was, it could be very successful. Plus, considering Drayton is now aiming to attract young children and their families, how many would actually realise/ care that it used to be at another park (it wouldn’t bother me as after all, a “creds a cred”).

On the other hand, Dragon’s Fury at Chessington is the same ride model as Spinball Whizzer, and is also owned by Merlin. So the most likely option is that it would be scrapped and parts used for Dragon’s Fury.

I agree Spinball could be nice, but if they kept the existing attractions in the area, they could actually add some cheaper kids rides to give an area that suits the whole family - not saying Spinball doesn't. Not sure whether Towers would sell to Drayton, given the geographical proximity it may not pull the crowds, although it does at Towers. I really want them to explore the idea of a whole family themed area, something that they currently don't offer.

I wonder what they done with the screens, Lighting, Sound system and the tesla.coil? There was Bose speakers in there so I would love to own a few of them.
Come Feb half Term it’s gonna look weird seeing just the Chicken Diner in the middle on its own. They should move it and knock down the old toilets and storage area to the left of Shockwave exit. The diner could be rethemed as a airport lounge restaurant.

I wonder what they done with the screens, Lighting, Sound system and the tesla.coil? There was Bose speakers in there so I would love to own a few of them.
Come Feb half Term it’s gonna look weird seeing just the Chicken Diner in the middle on its own. They should move it and knock down the old toilets and storage area to the left of Shockwave exit. The diner could be rethemed as a airport lounge restaurant.
But they already have Sodor Airport

Well it's up for sale officially now - https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/g-force-maurer

Apparently getting a lot of interest so hopefully it finds a home and hopefully in the UK. Also a friend of mine in the industry said that the ride is sold in full working an operating order and was unsure to G-Force ever needing any parts. However he was very sure that Drayton Manor are selling due to high maintenance costs of the ride and needing to free up vital capital for the park. I'm guessing this is for the "weather" and "fishing" themed areas.

Back