Serious Flooding at Drayton Manor

Or just remlap didn't you say you went yesterday? If so what's the verdict on the park post-flood?
Yes we went and picked up our ultimate passes for the year. It was bitterly cold but not too bad, Thomas Land was pretty busy and the rest of the park was quiet.

To be honest, other than some sandbags around, you wouldn't have thought the site was flooded. We went in the arcade which is only half open (possibly less than half) with most of the machines out of service. It's amazing they got the place up and running so quickly.

Yes we went and picked up our ultimate passes for the year. It was bitterly cold but not too bad, Thomas Land was pretty busy and the rest of the park was quiet.

To be honest, other than some sandbags around, you wouldn't have thought the site was flooded. We went in the arcade which is only half open (possibly less than half) with most of the machines out of service. It's amazing they got the place up and running so quickly.
Any work taking place around G-force???

Any work taking place around G-force???
There was machinery there but didn’t appear to be any change since pre flooding, which isn’t that surprising.

Like I said on another thread, given main season is only 3 weeks away I wouldn’t be surprised if action park remained closed initially, either that there will be a g force sized space in the middle of it!

I hope that doesn't happen that would mean missing out on Stormforce 10, Shockwave and Air Race!!! No I think boards will be put up and they'll temporarily fill in the holes near G-force/ Stormforce 10!!

Excellent. I'll probably go for opening day or the first Tuesday of the year because it's going to be quiet with school still on for the kiddies then?

It does to show how high the water did reach in the lake
2DB9E69A-4F06-45FD-A422-BFF537865F59.jpeg
4DA32911-8746-44E2-98F0-F32665541A7C.jpeg
5D4E127C-B48B-4B36-8089-8B06EC0217B3.jpeg

Yeah I noticed that yesterday. It’s amazing how high the water must have gotten. I don’t know if you went into the arcade but they had a couple more machines yesterday, still nowhere near the usually number though.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday. It’s amazing how high the water must have gotten. I don’t know if you went into the arcade but they had a couple more machines yesterday, still nowhere near the usually number though.
Yes I did look in there but staff were about to take pictures. It didn’t look that bad.

Back