Splash Canyon

Is Maelstrom part of the area as well because I find that operates well!!! Air Race is popular and good, Stormforce 10 well most people only do it on a boiling day ( though I do it whatever the weather) and they really need a good replacement to G-Force and the Chairlift!!

Maelstrom was sort of loosely connected to the Fishermans Wharf part along with Stormforce 10. Although it never really worked but with the parks transition to a weather themed area they should all start to fit in together apart from Air Race. Which could be some plane/weather esque themed ride and work well maybe.

Maelstrom, Bounty, Stormforce 10, Railway, Merry go round and the arcade are part of Fisherman wharf area. Splash canyon, Shockwave, Air race are part of action park.
After consulting a map, Maelstrom is actually part of action park, along with Shockwave, Splash Canyon and Air Race. And bounty is part of pirates cove, not fisherman's wharf. The only rides in fisherman's wharf are storm, carousel and polperro??

Hydro accident happened in April 2004. The ride reopened the following season with shoulder restraints instead of lap bars.

In April 2004, a 16-year-old was killed after falling approximately 100 ft from the top of the Hydro ride. The accident was attributed to human error after CCTV footage showed staff had not checked the rider's restraint was in a safe position.[17][18] The ride was closed until the next season, when it reopened with more secure over-the-shoulder restraints instead of lap bars.

In 2006, the coroner's tribunal into the accident returned a narrative verdict on the death with some indication that the accident was more the result of the restraints being improperly secured by staff as opposed to fundamentally inadequate in and of themselves. The inquest reported that CCTV footage taken at the ride before the boat left clearly showed that the victim's lap bar was in an "open and unsafe position". Other CCTV footage showed both operators had failed to properly check that passengers were secure.[19][20]

On 18 May 2007 the Health and Safety executive reported that Oakwood would be prosecuted, and in February 2008 the HSE charged Oakwood for not ensuring that guests were properly and safely restrained. The case against Oakwood was committed for trial at Swansea Crown Court on 7 July 2008 where Oakwood pleaded guilty to breaching the Health and Safety Act 1974. On 18 December, the park was fined £250,000 in addition to £80,000 legal costs, a penalty which was described by the victim's close family as inadequate. High Court Judge Justice Lloyd-Jones who passed the sentence had earlier commented that safety breaches at the theme park had created "the potential for really serious injury to very large numbers of people".[21]

In 2011 Hydro was renamed "Drenched".

does anyone have any pictures of splash canyon recently (2020)?
Not a huge amount to see, it's all fenced off, they appear to have replaced the fence that was removed after the accident. I did notice the gate to the queue was open when I went round on the train a couple of weeks back so I assume someone has been in there.

I don’t see why they can’t make the improvements required for it to be able to open up again, there doesn’t seem to be anything on that report that is unreasonable in terms of things they can do. What’s the connection with Rocky Mountain rapids, wasn’t that a ride at American adventure?

I think he means this rapids ride

I think the new owners will want it reopened as it will be cheaper to get the new H&S laws in place and retheme the ride than to get another ride build in its place.

Back