Pirate Adventure

Just been past on the train today and there does appear to be pirate scenery in a large skip. I could see one of the ships wheels. I guess it could be they’re just removing the rotten scenery.

As for the missing facade. It’s still missing although it’s removal looks quite neat. Wasn’t there a fire around that area? If so I guess they may just be fixing the roof. Especially given they have painted the facade on the Thomas lad side.

So yeah I have it on good grounds that as of last week the only piece of Pirate Adventure that remained on site was parts of the Pirate Ship, the whole ride has been gutted and ripped out now at this point.

As for the cuts into the side of the building. This part of the ride was near the station and the drop. I believe the cut was made as it was the easiest way to remove parts of the upper level ride system that would have been hard to move otherwise.

I think the fact parts of the scenery has been seen in a skip shows. But the ride is no more. It is sadly gone.

The timing of this all getting ripped out though does coencide with a potential new attraction in the building for next summer. If there is a new attraction it is very unlikely that it will be water based at this point

Last edited:
So yeah I have it on good grounds that as of last week the only piece of Pirate Adventure that remained on site was parts of the Pirate Ship, the whole ride has been gutted and ripped out now at this point.

As for the cuts into the side of the building. This part of the ride was near the station and the drop. I believe the cut was made as it was the easiest way to remove parts of the upper level ride system that would have been hard to move otherwise.

I think the fact parts of the scenery has been seen in a skip shows. But the ride is no more. It is sadly gone.

The timing of this all getting ripped out though does coencide with a potential new attraction in the building for next summer. If there is a new attraction it is very unlikely that it will be water based at this point
I think it was always a very small possibility of it coming back given it was sbno for so long. I wonder what they could put in the building. It’s a large space....

Small possibility yes. Although Colin Bryan confirmed at RCCGB in 2016 that the ride would never return. He did state then that they were hoping to use the space for two attractions.

Reactions: Dan
I think they really need to add attactions to the park as so many have been removed over the last 5 years and not replaced with a ride.
2015 Pirate Adventure
2016 Drayton Queen
2017 Splash Canyon SBNO hope to see return and Storm force 10 closed for the year.
2018 Chair lift,Big Wheel and G force.

It’s a shame to see it go but as the building already there and the ride system you could see a new attraction built for the start of the 2020 season.

The building next to pirate adventure that Themeparksandy1981 has pointed out was added sometime between 2011 and 2013, i use google earth and it was not there 2011 but was 2013, that afer excalibur closed so they must done it then becuse its not seen by the ride.

Ive looked and seen the damahge to the facade, ive now had a look on google maps and it looks like a turett has been removed from one of the corners, see the red circle in my map screen shot. is not a big enough area to get stuff out from and the metal looks undamaged int he picture i uploaded before so i thinmk it was building repairs

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 10.42.44.png

That corner is where the pirates would be, popping up out the barrels at the very start of the ride.

Reactions: Dan
So any guesses what ride/attraction could be going in there?

are there any zamperla rides left that they don’t have that would fit?

More cascade has disappeared looking at google maps it’s the turret at the other end.

I tried to upload a photo but it’s saying it can’t write to the server.

More cascade has disappeared looking at google maps it’s the turret at the other end.

I tried to upload a photo but it’s saying it can’t write to the server.
Hi sorry about that, you should be able to now :)

As much as I enjoy your speculation, you are very much wrong. Can’t say how I know, but I do. All will become clear soon

i think pirate adventures site is a big decider in the future of drayton manor, its such a large area of the park and is in a central location - whatever the park do eventually decide to put here will need to be a headline ride or attraction that pulls the crowd in. personally i want to see something like pirate adventure open again, the ride had such a charm and i hear people asking about the ride all the time on my vists to the park. it is under cover which is perfect for christmas time and in the rain, it is also perfect because it fits with the current area so they could make another themed area for kids to old for thomas land but to young for the bigger rides, another reason why something like pirate adventure is ideal.

i think with what people have said above about scenery in skips and increased activity its reasonable to assume the ride has gone from the park. but its such a central location they need to do something soon, they could even bring excaliburs area into consideration. i just hope they dont leave it alone for years, they could get away with it because the entrance is so tucked away, but surely they want to start using al of their space again. id love them to show some of the scenery from inside pirate adventure to us all, there are so many fans of the ride it would do well. they could even make a small space for it in bryans works which opened with pirate adventure, the ride helped make the park what it is today as one of the first large permanent headline rids, so should be celebrated in bryans works for people to reminice and not forget about

i hope like said above all does come clear soon, there is defiantly something happening there, so long as it is not a thomas land ride i dont mind, it needs to be one big themed ride again.

As much as I enjoy your speculation, you are very much wrong. Can’t say how I know, but I do. All will become clear soon
A bit more speculation but if all hope was lost would they not have just started removing all the facade?

A couple of weeks ago it appeared they had just removed the turrets which going by the state of the one over by Thomas land may have been because they were unsafe/unstable.

Secondly have Drayton applied for planning permission to change the use of the building? It seems odd they would strip a ride out without a plan to use it for something else?

They wouldn’t need planning permission if it stays within the Pirate Adventure building. When I was at the park on Sunday there were cherry pickers at the back of the building. It looked like they were doing repairs to the building itself. Also round the side where the trains pass the compressor room was all open and a few exit doors were open with some management standing near the Train maintenance shed. I think it is for the 2020 new attraction as I can’t see the g force site cleared and reused before.

Yes Please!!!!!
I’d rather have an omnimover/endless transport system than a new indoor coaster. It’ll be more marketable and that can be the new signature attraction for the park. Basic and simple ride system but it’s what the theming is that will target the audience. No new IP crap. Original (?), highly detailed, and the park will certainly have a good merit and praise.

The park needs to go back to their old roots.

I’d rather have an omnimover/endless transport system than a new indoor coaster. It’ll be more marketable and that can be the new signature attraction for the park. Basic and simple ride system but it’s what the theming is that will target the audience. No new IP crap. Original (?), highly detailed, and the park will certainly have a good merit and praise.

The park needs to go back to their old roots.
Agree. If you look at accelerator (inside anyway) and sheriffs showdown I think the theming is much better without the IP.

Back