Coronavirus and Theme Parks

I got a annual pass and if I can safely go to work then I can safely take my daughter to Drayton Manor and maybe Alton Towers if they accepting 2-1 vouchers. I not missed a year at Alton Towers since my 1st visit with my family in 1993. I can’t remember the last year I didn’t go to Drayton Manor.

I got a annual pass and if I can safely go to work then I can safely take my daughter to Drayton Manor and maybe Alton Towers if they accepting 2-1 vouchers. I not missed a year at Alton Towers since my 1st visit with my family in 1993. I can’t remember the last year I didn’t go to Drayton Manor.
I had a 5 year absence from Drayton once as I just fell out with theme parks, but then I came back and now I'm planning European theme park trips.

Reactions: Dan
Before Kids me and Zoe use to go to many theme parks around the UK but just really just go Drayton Manor now as it’s only half hour away and even if it’s busy I don’t mind if she just goes on the outdoor playground and we look round the zoo.

Yes, I would to support the parks. It may be social distanced but if we all stick to the rules, it'll hopefully work. I haven't been any theme parks so far this year because I was waiting for Drayton opening day. I wish I went to Blackpool Wow Weekends now!

Same here :) I want to support the parks and in a way i'm curious about how different the atmosphere would be in a park with social distancing.
The closest i've been to a park this year was the auction :(

I will go as soon as possible to support the park (and my one mental health). It will be interesting to see how busy it is. The government and media have scared the hell out of a lot of people so getting them to re-emerge may be difficult.

Shanghai Disney Land reported that they have sold out for their first 2 weeks opening (massively reduced tickets) so it will be interesting to see if UK parks experience something similar.

There a big difference from Disney to Drayton Manor. I wonder if they limit the number of annual and season pass holders per day?
Complete guess, but I would suspect not. They never do in the summer when they sell out of day tickets. I imagine they have data on how many pass holders at any time of the season attend, using that they could probably adjust the day tickets accordingly. And given I imagine there will be a lot of people too cautious to go to somewhere like a theme park initially.

There a big difference from Disney to Drayton Manor. I wonder if they limit the number of annual and season pass holders per day?
I know that Europa Park are limiting their annual and season pass holders to one visit a month so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happening in the UK. I haven't got one myself but I'm just warning you just in case!

I know that Europa Park are limiting their annual and season pass holders to one visit a month so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happening in the UK. I haven't got one myself but I'm just warning you just in case!
Given the size and popularity of europa I'm not surprised. I suspect that might be short sighted if Drayton were to do that (except maybe over the summer holidays) as regular pass holders buy lunch which is revenue they may lose out on.

Are they offering any refunds on their passes as once a month is probably poor value for money.

Given the size and popularity of europa I'm not surprised. I suspect that might be short sighted if Drayton were to do that (except maybe over the summer holidays) as regular pass holders buy lunch which is revenue they may lose out on.

Are they offering any refunds on their passes as once a month is probably poor value for money.
It would be if it don’t reopen to July so August,September,October so at this rate my pass will have cost me £25 per visit. I doubt the fireworks event will go ahead and maybe the Christmas event will go ahead but the castle of dreams will be closed and Santa meets the kids in the hotel while keeping a safe distance.

It would be if it don’t reopen to July so August,September,October so at this rate my pass will have cost me £25 per visit. I doubt the fireworks event will go ahead and maybe the Christmas event will go ahead but the castle of dreams will be closed and Santa meets the kids in the hotel while keeping a safe distance.

Socially distanced Santa sounds like a nightmare :(

I reckon they will extend the passes still.

I think they’ll have to. Either that or offer refunds (unlikely I suspect).

I know kids are pretty resilient but socially distanced Santa sounds traumatising, although possibly better than Santa wearing full PPE.

I can't tell which one sounds worse... Hasmat suit Santa... thats another thought.

Looks like there been out work been done to the toy and sweet shop since the lockdown.
With more Drayton merch inside. Does anyone think Drayton are soon going to release their plans like Merlin did a few days ago and Fantasy Island. I can also see in that photo that the Stormforce 10 trough has had all of it's water removed and that guest services has been painted and Winston Cars.

It may appear as an interesting article on the surface, but when you look at it it's basically just a bundle of facts nicked from the George and Vera history book. Worst of all they credit Drayton with G force ?‍♂️

Regardless, the pictures do tell a lot. Drayton have got a tough few months ahead, where they are going to have to weigh up safety against financial survival in some form or other; not an easy choice to make. Merlin are already making plans for measures when the time comes, so hopefully Drayton will also produce a thorough, but easy to understand plan of what measures will be put in place to prevent the infection rate from going up.

No facemasks for Alton currently. Does anyone think you'll have to wear one at Drayton?
I hope not, reading many reports they do very little to actually protect anyone unless you have a proper filtered mask like medical professionals. I think a lot of the reason some places are insisting on masks is a form of 'security theatre' it makes them appear to be doing something and reassures some of their guests.

It is what it is though, and if that's the requirement, I guess we just have to live with it for the time being :(

Back